Speculation: Deadline predictions

Sabrefan99

Jun 22, 2014
Hall - 1st round pick and a salary
Montour, 2nd or 2 thirds
Miller - 3rd
Ristolainen - 2nd and prospect. I want him to go somewhere else, for him. I love the player, but he deserves a chance to succeed elsewhere.
I think Miller stays to be exposed for the expansion draft, I’m liking everything, but I’m hoping the prospect for Risto is at least a B, I would love a A.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Sabrefan99

Jun 22, 2014
Spoiler alert, no one wants Miller or Eakin. I expect Hall and Montour to go with salary retained. My wildcard is Ristolainen who I think could go. I’m praying they don’t trade mitts
After last night, I want to see more of mitts.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Spoiler alert, no one wants Miller or Eakin. I expect Hall and Montour to go with salary retained. My wildcard is Ristolainen who I think could go. I’m praying they don’t trade mitts

Can't retain salary on both because we already retained Staal (you get a max of 2).

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
But who would you expose?
From easiest to hardest;

Re-sign Irwin
Re-sign McCabe

Take back a contract that ends in 2022 in a potential trade

Trade a late round pick, a struggling prospect, prospects rights or future considerations for a depth dman signed through next year who isn't super expensive and contract ends is 22'.

If someone offers something for Miller or a nice package for one of the protected d, you take it. Miller can't be here next year unless Gallant is the coach, he somehow made him serviceable.

Rastin

Jul 14, 2004
I always thought it was only 2 as well but someone in another thread (Staal trade thread?) posted the language from the CBA stating you can have retention on up to 3 contracts.

From what I’ve heard you can retain on up to 3

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I always thought it was only 2 as well but someone in another thread (Staal trade thread?) posted the language from the CBA stating you can have retention on up to 3 contracts.
Not sure if you play video games but NHL xx has always only let you retain on two

Rastin

Jul 14, 2004
The only player that I really want moved right now is Hall. He's been such a disappointment. Take whatever you can get for him and move on.

Montour should get moved from an asset management perspective as I don't see us resigning him but I've been appreciating his play lately. I wouldn't be shocked if we kept him around to see what he can do without Ralphs' leash.

Rieder, Sheahan, Miller, Eakin, Okposo are free to a good home.

Players like Risto, Tage and possibly Olofsson could be had for an overpayment. Everyone else stays.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
1) How many current roster players do the Sabres trade?

2) How many non-roster players do the Sabres trade?

3) Do the Sabres trade out more assets (players+picks) than they acquire, acquire more than they trade out, or an equal amount?

More incoming

4) After the deadline, the Sabres cap number will be: higher, lower, the same (within 100k)?

Lower

5) Prop: The Sabres acquire a player with a cap hit at or above 3.65m?

Yes

6) Prop: The Sabres move more than 2 players (roster or non-roster) who have contracts that last beyond this season (not UFA/RFA)?

No

7) Prop: The total combined NHL point total of departing roster players this season is higher, lower, or identical to the combined NHL point total of incoming roster players?

Lower

8) Yes/No: The Sabres trade a player who has worn either an A or a C at the AHL or NHL level?

Yes

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Three

None

3) Do the Sabres trade out more assets (players+picks) than they acquire, acquire more than they trade out, or an equal amount?
Acquire more assets than they trade out

4) After the deadline, the Sabres cap number will be: higher, lower, the same (within 100k)?
Lower

No

6) Prop: The Sabres move more than 2 players (roster or non-roster) who have contracts that last beyond this season (not UFA/RFA)?
No

7) Prop: The total combined NHL point total of departing roster players this season is higher, lower, or identical to the combined NHL point total of incoming roster players?
Lower

8) Yes/No: The Sabres trade a player who has worn either an A or a C at the AHL or NHL level?
Yes (Hall)

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Anybody else want to participate in the intended purpose of the thread?
Only because if there are rules, I must find and follow them.

time-constrained quality out, but more quantity in

lower

yes

no

higher

no

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Congrats to Archie Lee and Der Jaeger for tying in the prediction contest! :cheers:

Sabreality - 5/8
Archie Lee - 6/8
TheMistyStranger - 3/8
Der Jaeger - 6/8
cybresabre - 4/8

Answers:

equal

lower

no

no

Higher

Yes - Hall wore an A in NJ

Reactions: elchud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad