GDT: Deadline Day | Monday, March 2nd, 6am MT | #HejdaWatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Has there been any Anahiem/Hejda talk? Have to imagine they want to add another D man for their run.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Hejda is #6 and Atkinson #7 on the TSN list.

Trade what we get for Hejda for Atkinson? :sarcasm:

@ RL: Count me in on the whining if they don't sell off at least Hejda + Briere.

7 1st round picks have been traded to teams below or at our current level in the standings. I have not counted but I would estimate 10 2nds have been moved as well
The Avs have the worst prospect pool in the league and currently are out a 5th round pick and a 2nd next year.
The Avs are out of the playoff hunt.

If we do not recoup atleast a couple of picks, there is absolutely reason to be mad.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I want to see Hejda go for a stupidly good return. I won't blame Roy/Sakic if he doesn't, I just want to see everyone here try and explain why it's a bad trade or why it doesn't count as a good trade for Roy/Sakic

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Hey now, I know you like to say our prospects are the worst Joem but that's before a good handful of our guys took a step forward. I'd like to see the argument for placing the Rangers above us now. I get your overall point though, we certainly need more.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Here's what I wish for today.

Briere to be moved very early for a late round pick. This assures another roster space free and allows the Avs to put in a claim on Tye Mcginn before the waiver deadline.

Jan Hejda moved for the best possible return they can get. I'd rather see a young prospect but a pick would suffice

A prospect swap similar to Gaunce/Vincour. Just to add some excitement and a change of scenery for a prospect who doesn't seem like is in Roykic's plans. That player could be Elliott, Hishion, Aitto. It really doesn't matter.

An already extended player/players moved for a young decent prospect. Maybe Talbot could return something. Maybe he can be added to Hejda. As much as I don't want to see them go maybe Mitchell, McLeod or Tanguay is moved for the right return. I'd just like to see some more hope for the future added to this team.

Happy deadline day folks!

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Hey now, I know you like to say our prospects are the worst Joem but that's before a good handful of our guys took a step forward. I'd like to see the argument for placing the Rangers above us now. I get your overall point though, we certainly need more.

Well we are ranked 30th on hfboards for whatever that is worth (usually not all that much). But I really can not disagree with them.
If you look around, you will be hard pressed to find many teams with a worse prospect pool. And I like many of our prospects and probably am a bit biased.

You make a good point about the Rangers. Haven't really thought about that one.

Maybe I really should say Bottom 5 prospect pool from now on.

I am off grocery shopping. Should be back in 30 minutes. Would be nice if anyone could live report on Duthie singing or dancing while he is left waiting on nothing.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Going to be a boring day, even if we do manage to deal Hejda or Briere.

I have been somewhat of a ROR apologist (compared to most) over the last few years and I still hold out hope that he resigns but part of me hopes Sakic and Roy really look to see what they may be able to get for him today. I think the team as currently constructed is going to have issues going forward...the ill-conceived defensive core, the lack of depth in the system and a payroll that is going to keep escalating with little room to maneuver in the future. If O'Reilly can be turned into 2 or 3 blue-chip depth assets - we will improve our depth, reduce payroll and give ourselves flexibility to continue to make other alterations around a core of Duchene/Landeskog/MacKinnon/Johnson/Varlamov.

I look at envy at the Lightning who have a similar, stellar core in place like us...in fact, that seemed to be a 50/50 debate at the end of last season of who had the better future. But they have managed to find impact depth all over the place - and now they are using it to both contend now and manage their future. Outside our core, our depth sucks and it is a giant handicap. IMO.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Even if the Avs do move Hejda and Briere, they're the type of team to have the paperwork going through after the deadline so we'll be sitting here twiddling our thumbs all day hearing about Phaneuf who won't be moved.

Thats the only sad part about the deadline day, that TSN has to find storylines for the Canadian teams for 10 hours and only mention a US team when they make a move, before going back to talking about Toronto again.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 4m4 minutes ago
St. Louis Blues deep in talks with Arizona on Z. Michalek.... Still unresolved issues so not clear if it happens or not, but lots of talk...

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Geremy McFadden ‏@TheGoalieGiant 7m7 minutes ago
Only two teams in the NHL have yet to make a trade this season #Ottawa and #Colorado

Didn't know that.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I feel like the whole Phaneuf talk is a request by TSN/Bell to get Dreger and Bobby Mac to play it up. Dreger may have heard something along the lines of the Leafs not being scared to move Phaneuf and because of that is being asked to play it up to make something out of the day.

I bet Dreger says a few things about it today but the most McKenzie does is retweet something from Dreger so he doesn't lose any rep.

toms19

Mar 2, 2015
What do you guys think of Wiercioch? sounds like hes available, what do you think for?

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I feel like the whole Phaneuf talk is a request by TSN/Bell to get Dreger and Bobby Mac to play it up. Dreger may have heard something along the lines of the Leafs not being scared to move Phaneuf and because of that is being asked to play it up to make something out of the day.

I bet Dreger says a few things about it today but the most McKenzie does is retweet something from Dreger so he doesn't lose any rep.

Yeah, today is going to be so damn quiet. Has there ever been this many trades leading up to the deadline? Something like 20 in the last week, and 7 in the last 24 hours. I feel like that's almost everything that would have happened today and it's already done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad