OT: Dead Lounge XLVIII | Alfonso Ribeiro edition | Omni gone Hollywood

Status
Not open for further replies.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
How does it pander to morning people ? Do you mean like the people who get a coffee at the gas station then start complaining that the line is so long and they will be late for work ?

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
How does it pander to morning people ? Do you mean like the people who get a coffee at the gas station then start complaining that the line is so long and they will be late for work ?

Rush hour starts at 6:30 am. That means most people are getting up at 5-5:30.

If most jobs and what not started 2 or 3 hours earlier a lot of people wouldn't be waking up tired, which would be great for public health

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
2 - 3 hours earlier means they'd be waking up at 3 - 3:30 no ? Why would they not be more tired ? Although I agree on that in the sense that I do not like operating during the day in the summer and I wish for the summer period the world would move business hours to like 10 pm - 6 am.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
2 - 3 hours earlier means they'd be waking up at 3 - 3:30 no ? Why would they not be more tired ? Although I agree on that in the sense that I do not like operating during the day in the summer and I wish for the summer period the world would move business hours to like 10 pm - 6 am.

I meant later.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Rush hour starts at 6:30 am. That means most people are getting up at 5-5:30.

If most jobs and what not started 2 or 3 hours earlier a lot of people wouldn't be waking up tired, which would be great for public health

At the same time though, you would be working later into the night, which to me wouldn't really be any better either.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
At the same time though, you would be working later into the night, which to me wouldn't really be any better either.

Working to 6 or 7 would be a compromise in my opinion not to late or not to early.

But would you rather err on the side that has people waking up tired or the side that that has people going to bed tired

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
When you work full time evenings and weekend is all the free time you have. It would suck to lose 2-4 hours of the evening.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Winter time I'd be in favour - because that would give the sun time to rise and provide any possible heat / melting for the roads. Summer time I'd rather it be the opposite. I want to go out and throw the frisbee / football / LAX, or walk to / from my car in the garage, or go out for lunch w/ co-workers, etc when it's cool outside, not at noon when the sun is practically cooking my skin and I come back to the office sweating. I know not everyone is like me but I'd find that ideal.

I was toying w/ the idea of asking my boss to work overnights, as we currently don't have anyone in the India / Hong Kong area who can provide support, but I still have no clue what i'm doing at the moment and it's now getting to fall / winter daylight hours.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
yeah. got a kid and doing the first two. :shakehead

Ouch I feel for you, I did them separate, couldn't imagine having a baby while trying to go to post-secondary.

Edit: Oh, just noticed HFboards is going offline in 20 minutes.. what am I going to do! :laugh:

Edit #2: Learn to read! Tomorrow is the downtime.

Last edited:

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
What, you work from 8-6 and go to school 7-7? If it's a priority, you can make some time.

That's a tough situation. I would attend from 8a - 5p M-F and then Fri and Sat night I would work overnight shifts at the convenience store. I suppose it depends on the type of work you do - obviously sitting at a desk can be a little less stressful than arguing with drunk college kids and constantly calling the police - but I think you also need to consider focus and concentration. When I was done w/ class at 5 I had little desire to overload myself with even more studying and reading. I think in the interests of health you need to unwind for a bit. If you have class at 8 am then you should be in bed by 9 pm. I rarely did because the work I had to do required a lot of trial and error, or at least that's how we got through it. A lot of teamwork too which I really hated because that also was a factor.

Keep at it sask.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I'm in the same boat. Something's gotta give, and it might have to be your spare time.

Yep, with school, work, gym, and now coaching, I have very little free time. I was about to buy GTA then decided not to bother until I can work out my schedule a bit better, will be lowering my hours at work for sure, and I'm going to try and make better use of my breaks in between classes.

yeah. got a kid and doing the first two. :shakehead

That's tough, I'll stop complaining :laugh:

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Do you have breaks in between classes - like 1 - 2 hrs ? I had those when I attended Morrisville but I have concentration problems so it was difficult for me to take advantage of those. Hopefully you're able to concentrate and find interest in topics other than hockey, movies and sex like me.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
When I boil chicken there are these yellow bubbles that come to the top. Check the 3:08 marker of this video:

Is that fat ? If so can get it off like with quickly touching bread to the top or something ? I'm making pho just like in the video but I obviously don't need a whole chicken's worth so I just put in some drumsticks. I took the skin of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad