Recalled/Assigned: De La Rose recalled (Feb. 5)

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
A30adCGCAAASiZX.jpg

wtf

That was after a summer of working his balls off between his first and second season here. Look at Eller's core and his thighs, he's built like a truck.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

lol what a freakin tank

But god DLR is such a player

so pleased to have him on our team

There was a play last night where he was deep in our own zone, some would say too deep but he's just being defensively responsible because he knows he's fast enough to break out

PK hits him with a pass, he becomes, out of nowhere, THE breakout player in transition, skates up ice

chips it deep, gets contact from defenseman 1, slows him down, gets hooked a bit

seperates and STILL manages to hammer defenseman 2 in the corner anyway

just a tremendous little play, these little things are important.

less we forget the super backcheck on the breakway too earlier in the game

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I can't believe his hockey awareness at such a young age, and with such limited pro experience. I really hope he turns into a bigger Plekanec

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
I like the kid, but he should be in the minors developing his offensive game. He is great defensively, but we need more offensive forwards than defensive forwards, atm.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I like the kid, but he should be in the minors developing his offensive game. He is great defensively, but we need more offensive forwards than defensive forwards, atm.

I disagree.

Screw the Torrey Mitchell experiment. Solidify our bottom six, by having Eller and DeLaRose center the third and fourth lines.

If Flynn has any offensive potential, try him on line 2 for a game or two and see what he's got. And give PAP another chance if he fails.

27-14-11
67-51-32/15
8-81-21
49-25-22

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Should be in Hamilton learning to be a consistent offensive contributor

I don't think either Montreal, or Hamilton, can teach anyone about offense. Dump, chase, dump, chase... the system stinks.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Should be in Hamilton learning to be a consistent offensive contributor

he was never drafted for offensive contribution

why waste time trying to transform him from something he is great at into something he is not?

but it doesnt really matter what you think unfortunately, management AND the coaching staff are 110% heads over heels ridiculously in love with him, and good for him, dont change a thing, keep playing hard

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
he was never drafted for offensive contribution

why waste time trying to transform him from something he is great at into something he is not?

but it doesnt really matter what you think unfortunately, management AND the coaching staff are 110% heads over heels ridiculously in love with him, and good for him, dont change a thing, keep playing hard

Exactly!

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Like I keep saying. I still think he has hidden offensive potential. I still find that he plays too safe and conservative. He doesn't really try to create offensive when he has the puck in the ozone, looking merely for the safe play. He does like to get in the high slot to rip a shot though. I'd like to see him take a little more risk offensively. He shouldn't be afraid to try.

Loving the rest of his game though. Just fear that he might eventually start to receive Lars Eller-type of criticism regarding production from the bottom 6. Personally, I have reasonable expectations of what a player can produce in a bottom 6 role, but I find a lot of people don't. If DLR doesn't develop much of an offensive game, the shine will eventually wear off, as it does for almost every bottom 6 player we have, and he will eventually be the target of much criticism.

Last edited:

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
What puzzles me is that we have a coach in charge of defense (Daigneault). OK, fine, we're sort of OK on defense (Price helps a lot).

But why in the hell don't they hire a coach to take care of the offensive side of things? Hire Mike Bossy. His only job is to teach the guys how to shoot.

habalifeok

Oct 28, 2013
Mike Bossy taught himself to shoot. thousands of pucks from any position without looking at net before shooting. It became instinctive.
Bobby Orr shot thousands of pucks at garage door.
Sidney beat up the washer and dryer.
Cournoyer shot a weighted puck.
That part of the game is through hard work and perserverance.

Apparently McCarron is spending a lot of time shooting the puck.
The rest of the game is on the coaches.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I sure hope the Habs know what they are doing in regards to keeping him up in the NHL as his offensive production is just terrible on a team that sorely need goals. Going on 10 games without any points unless he gets on the board tonight. Only 2 pts in 22 games when a goalie is in the net. Was always know for his defensive game but the lack of offense is concerning.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I sure hope the Habs know what they are doing in regards to keeping him up in the NHL as his offensive production is just terrible on a team that sorely need goals. Going on 10 games without any points unless he gets on the board tonight. Only 2 pts in 22 games when a goalie is in the net. Was always know for his defensive game but the lack of offense is concerning.

That's why I'd love DLR - Plekanec duo to be a thing. I think he'd be a great mentor.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
I always thought this kid would be a surefire NHLer, always thought he'd be a beast in a shutdown role but as of late I've been really impressed by his shot, he gets a lot of whip on it and it's really powerful with a pretty effortless technique, he doesnt take forever to get it off with power and thats a huge plus in the NHL. Maybe he does have some offense in him after all, he's got all the little tools that make a complete player thats for sure. I remember him scoring in the rookie camp with an absolute rocket of a one timer on a feed from Audette. I'd like to see him get more shooting opportunities eventually to see just how good he can be offensively.

Im starting to think he could be a really good 2nd line C down the line.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Is he the first 19 years old to score a SHG for the Habs?

Hockey reference only goes back to 87-88 but it shows DLR being the youngest.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

it's hardly concerning when you figure those are his very first pro games and he's only 19 AND playing in the bottom 6.

I'm actually quite fine with his offense.

The only thing I don't like is how MT and co. seem to just pigeon-hole certain players and they can never seem to rise above their station except for Weise. It's like the freaking caste system.

If DLR can continue to physically mature then I can't see him not bringing significant offense. Enough to be a top 6? Not so sure but it's definitely possible.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
DLR has earned a look in the top six IMO..PAP and DD aren't the answer come playoff time, or now for that matter....I'd like to see one of these lineups in the playoffs...

Patch Plek DLR 20 minutes ice time
Chuck Eller Gally 18 mins
Prust Flynn/Mitch DSP 12-14 mins
Weise Malhotra Mitch/Flynn 8-10 mins

or:

Patch Plek Gally
Chuck Eller DLR
Prust Flynn/Mitch DSP
Weise MM Mitch/Flynn

The top six forwards play in the top six positions...the best six suited for the checking/energy roles play the bottom six. PAP and DD the odd men out, but anxious to get back in the lineup. Desharnais played his best hockey of the past three seasons after being sat a couple of games last year...if the offence isn't clicking put him in the lineup and hope that a "motivated DD" gives you something besides the odd nice pass.

Flynn or Mitchell can play a third-line checking role effectively in limited minutes ...moreso than Desharnais. I hope they get more of an opportunity before the regular season is over...Flynn struggled somewhat in his small sampling but he's played pretty well this season up until this point...he needs a closer look before the end of the season.

If it doesn't work change things around, but to me the best six forwards should play in the top six spots, especially when the other options aren't working.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
DLR has earned a look in the top six IMO..PAP and DD aren't the answer come playoff time, or now for that matter....I'd like to see one of these lineups in the playoffs...

Patch Plek DLR 20 minutes ice time
Chuck Eller Gally 18 mins
Prust Flynn/Mitch DSP 12-14 mins
Weise Malhotra Mitch/Flynn 8-10 mins

or:

Patch Plek Gally
Chuck Eller DLR
Prust Flynn/Mitch DSP
Weise MM Mitch/Flynn

The top six forwards play in the top six positions...the best six suited for the checking/energy roles play the bottom six. PAP and DD the odd men out, but anxious to get back in the lineup. Desharnais played his best hockey of the past three seasons after being sat a couple of games last year...if the offence isn't clicking put him in the lineup and hope that a "motivated DD" gives you something besides the odd nice pass.

Flynn or Mitchell can play a third-line checking role effectively in limited minutes ...moreso than Desharnais. I hope they get more of an opportunity before the regular season is over...Flynn struggled somewhat in his small sampling but he's played pretty well this season up until this point...he needs a closer look before the end of the season.

If it doesn't work change things around, but to me the best six forwards should play in the top six spots, especially when the other options aren't working.

As long as they keep playing him on the left wing and not as another defensive center I'm all for it. They have to keep him there for several games. I find he is particularly more active and more involved in the play as a winger. He has less responsibilities, it shows and he's able to express himself a lot more.

And yeah I am kinda blinded a bit by the idea of eventually having Patches & DLR on the left wing as a 1-2 punch on the top 6.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
They should try DLR on the 2nd line IMO as Grant said....

Patches-Plekanec-Gallagher
DLR-Galchenyuk-Parenteau
DD-Eller-DSP
Prust-Mitchell-Weise

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I don't think Parenteau should even be in the lineup. He pretty clearly clashes with MT's "style".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad