"DC" David Morehouse Discussion

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Well, Morehouse was President when we won the Stanley Cup, before that even. But Ken Sawyer was CEO, likely taking on more hockey responsibilities that Morehouse who was still, I'm sure, working on the arena development and everything that accompanied that.

Morehouse has both titles now. Though I don't care what their title is.

I mean, I look at Sawyer and Craig Patrick consulting for the Sabres and wonder why they aren't doing that here. With Craig there's perhaps a lot of water to go under the bridge, as I get the feeling it cut him pretty deep when we let him go, but Sawyer? I understand he's retired from day-to-day activities, but he left under seriously amicable circumstances, and so I can't believe someone with his background that did so much good here wouldn't immediately be offered the opportunity to stick around in some sort of advisory capacity. Maybe he didn't want to, and maybe (or, almost certainly) Pegula's giving him the retirement nest egg of a lifetime, but whatever. Just some more dyed-in-the-wool hockey people in the executive offices providing real influence on the franchise is what I'd like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad