Movies: DBZ Super: Broly

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Kinda surprised there was no thread for this already. Saw it the first day and thought it was easily the best DBZ movie (though I don’t think it has that much quality to compete with). Action was on a whole different level compared to other movies. Story was solid, but I believe they did screw up the timeline a bit. Thoughts?

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
Kinda surprised there was no thread for this already. Saw it the first day and thought it was easily the best DBZ movie (though I don’t think it has that much quality to compete with). Action was on a whole different level compared to other movies. Story was solid, but I believe they did screw up the timeline a bit. Thoughts?

There was a short convo about it in the general anime thread but it was the best movie, the action and direction were amazing! I said that it was everything I ever wanted as a kid/teen in a dragonball when it came to animation and action! I am really enjoying the rejuvented hype around the series! One thing that jumped out at me was that Goku was a toddler when his parents sent him to earth, whereas in Dragonball he is a baby.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
There was a short convo about it in the general anime thread but it was the best movie, the action and direction were amazing! I said that it was everything I ever wanted as a kid/teen in a dragonball when it came to animation and action! I am really enjoying the rejuvented hype around the series! One thing that jumped out at me was that Goku was a toddler when his parents sent him to earth, whereas in Dragonball he is a baby.

I feel like it deserves its own thread. I don’t care for too many other animes so I’d rather keep it separate.

Every showing in my city here was sold out. I don’t think the creators even realize how big of a fan base they still have in North America.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Yeah, Toriyama likes to retcon things alot...with Dragon Ball I don't mind as story isn't the biggest thing.

The three movies written by Toriyama have been the best easily.

I enjoyed this movie though i felt the music was kinda bad (screaming character names?) And the action was a little hard to follow with all those trippy effects

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
I feel like it deserves its own thread. I don’t care for too many other animes so I’d rather keep it separate.

Every showing in my city here was sold out. I don’t think the creators even realize how big of a fan base they still have in North America.

I was in elementary and high school when I started watching it on YTV and CN network! Well now I have a 10 year old and a 6 year old, I bought from dragonball to end of Z, I think its 15-18 seasons worth, kids watched to the end of the frieza saga and then started back over when I bought all of Dragonball, so they will be back in line for the timeline when done that. But now that I am in my early 30's and have kids its like its being passed down and people are totally reliving their youth and happy to share that with the next gen or even just with their friends and family. I can't wait to get to super, thinking about skipping GT but eventually as they get through the seasons I will happily purchase all the movies and all the different series. Take my money funimation!

Same here in Ottawa, they even extended the number of shows, its a huge hit, last i checked it was ast 24 mill in NA, that is huge! I hope this just continues to grow and grow, the DB Fighters game was beautiful too! Keep it all roaring out!

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
Yeah, Toriyama likes to retcon things alot...with Dragon Ball I don't mind as story isn't the biggest thing.

I enjoyed this movie though i felt the music was kinda bad (screaming character names?) And the action was a little hard to follow with all those trippy effects

If you have a PS4/network, they movies are on sale! Got both super movies for 11.00 all together!

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
I was pretty confused and annoyed at the beginning because of all the retconning and how over-the-top it was (even for DBZ) but eventually I just said, "f*** it" and enjoyed the insane ride. Kinda surprised though that
Goku didn't go ultra instinct and Vegeta and him were so quick to team up even going so far as to use fusion.
I guess that was their intent, though, wanting to show something new and crazy for the fans.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
I haven't watched Dragon Ball Super yet so I didn't know the two new side kicks Beerus and who ever the other one is, but I really enjoyed the movie overall. Not as dark as classic DBZ, but ton's of fun.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I did dislike how freeza was so comedy based but maybe that’s the change in him. I haven’t seen the dbz super series

I wouldn’t say he’s really a comedy character yet, but he’s definitely more of a side villain now as opposed to a real threat. I hated them bringing him back again at first but as the show progressed I thought it was interesting having him around.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I haven't watched Dragon Ball Super yet so I didn't know the two new side kicks Beerus and who ever the other one is, but I really enjoyed the movie overall. Not as dark as classic DBZ, but ton's of fun.

Beerus and Whis are the best additions to the show in a long time imo. Really love their characters and how they change the game.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I was pretty confused and annoyed at the beginning because of all the retconning and how over-the-top it was (even for DBZ) but eventually I just said, "**** it" and enjoyed the insane ride. Kinda surprised though that
Goku didn't go ultra instinct and Vegeta and him were so quick to team up even going so far as to use fusion.
I guess that was their intent, though, wanting to show something new and crazy for the fans.

I don’t think we’ll see ultra instinct again for a while, if at all. It was too OP, how do they possibly top that? Also there doesn’t seem to be a way to train for it. I’d rather they just leave that alone and focus more on the technique of fighting rather than constantly adding new transformations.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006

Better music than this?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad