Day with the cup....in the city whose team you just beat

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
How awkward would it be for a guy to beat his hometown team in the Finals, then have a day with the cup...in said city? Lucic is one I can remember. Although it wasn't technically Vancouver.

I mean just imagine if the Ducks beat the Pens in the Finals. Then John Gibson has his day with the cup...

So, do you think it would be weird for the player?

Mike Lowry

Feb 23, 2018
Lucic is from Vancouver and played his Jr with the Giants. Him bringing it there wasn't a slap in the face to the city. He brought it home.

I doubt there is a hockey player outside of Nashville's 4th D that is that much about himself that they would waste their day with the Cup to try and make a story out of it. Most want to enjoy the moment with their family and friends, pay thanks to those who may have helped along the way, and do some good charity work.

Brent Burns

“”“Re-tooling on the fly”””
Feb 7, 2007
Lucic is from Vancouver and played his Jr with the Giants. Him bringing it there wasn't a slap in the face to the city. He brought it home.

I doubt there is a hockey player outside of Nashville's 4th D that is that much about himself that they would waste their day with the Cup to try and make a story out of it. Most want to enjoy the moment with their family and friends, pay thanks to those who may have helped along the way, and do some good charity work.
Oh you mean he son of Brentwood Bay, BC, Matt Irwin??

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
I have a feeling there will be a player that brings the cup to Humboldt.

Oh yeah, big time. Zero chance it doesn’t end up there even if no one on the team thinks to do it, which I’m sure many are already. The NHL would make it happen. It’ll likely be with multiple players of the winning team.

Isn’t Babcock already out there doing coach work, too?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad