GDT: Day 1 in Praha!

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1715305469901.png

Some real nice games lined up (on paper).

Slovakia vs Germany should be very close.

Czechs vs Finns could be close.

Swiss vs Norway might be close.

Sweden vs USA should be absolute dynamite!

Also, a neat day as there will be some insanely good D playing! Josi, Nemec, Dahlin, Karlsson, Hedman, Jones, Hughes and Werenski. That is more top pair D's than the last few years combined and Canada also has some gems! Shame about Seider not coming.

If you want a seperate GDT for a specific game, no problem and please create one!

My guesses are Swiss, Slovaks, Finns and Sweden.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
View attachment 868077

Also, a neat day as there will be some insanely good D playing! Josi, Nemec, Dahlin, Karlsson, Hedman, Jones, Hughes and Werenski. That is more top pair D's than the last few years combined and Canada also has some gems! Shame about Seider not coming.

If you want a seperate GDT for a specific game, no problem and please create one!

It sucks that CZE-Finn and SWE_ U.S are on at the same time.

It will have to be Swe-U.S for this guy, marquee matchup.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
It sucks that CZE-Finn and SWE_ U.S are on at the same time.

It will have to be Swe-U.S for this guy, marquee matchup.
Definitely a lot more star power in that game. I picked Sweden because North American teams sometimes start slow here. It's why I wanted Canada tomorrow.lol

Reactions: Summer Rose

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Definitely a lot more star power in that game. I picked Sweden because North American teams sometimes start slow here. It's why I wanted Canada tomorrow.lol
lol, yep...........get Canada early for sure.

Don't know who to pick in that game tomorrow but it should be good fun.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Ofc gonna watch Finland game, excited to watch the game
I say 3-2 Finland.

Expect me complain that Zohorna was cut but JP is playing. Also, you are playing an excellent 17 year old and our youngest guy will be retired by the end of the game.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
View attachment 868077

Is this the actual games and it starts tomorrow?

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I say 3-2 Finland.

Expect me complain that Zohorna was cut but JP is playing. Also, you are playing an excellent 17 year old and our youngest guy will be retired by the end of the game.
Kulich should have been here. He can score, which is probably what they are going to need here the most, have to have credible offense.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Kulich should have been here. He can score, which is probably what they are going to need here the most, have to have credible offense.
All but one Czech poster hates the roster we picked from the available players. And I'm not sure that poster likes the team or just hates listening to us bitch about the lineup.lol

Least happy I've been about a lineup in 5 years. And I don't mean because we don't have Pasta or someone unavailable. I just cannot believe the cuts they made and who they kept.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
No one should sleep on Finland and the Swiss. They must want to send their legendary coach out with a bang, it's his swan song isn't it? and when they get determined.............plus they are just good hockey players.

The Swiss, man, they have played us tough over here for a very long time, their team game is fantastic sometimes and they can hurt you, some trouble winning the money games but maybe with less expectations for them this year they break through.

Germany can be tough too, thank God they aren't hockey crazy or everyone would be in trouble.

You never know.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
No one should sleep on Finland and the Swiss. They must want to send their legendary coach out with a bang, it's his swan song isn't it? and when they get determined.............plus they are just good hockey players.

The Swiss, man, they have played us tough over here for a very long time, their team game is fantastic sometimes and they can hurt you, some trouble winning the money games but maybe with less expectations for them this year they break through.

Germany can be tough too, thank God they aren't hockey crazy or everyone would be in trouble.

You never know.
The Swiss fans claim their secret weapon is coach Fischer so I won't count them out.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
All but one Czech poster hates the roster we picked from the available players. And I'm not sure that poster likes the team or just hates listening to us bitch about the lineup.lol

Least happy I've been about a lineup in 5 years. And I don't mean because we don't have Pasta or someone unavailable. I just cannot believe the cuts they made and who they kept.
I can't understand them either and I don't really follow Czech players. Just makss no sense in my mind.

For us Finns the roster made sense snd no player was cut who really is a game changer. Florida, Carolina, Dallas and Colorado pretty much have all our best players. Rest were injured/family things + the situation with Laine.

Last edited:

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006

Agree with all this. Total own goal. Cze - Fin 1-3. And I was naive enough to have high hopes for Rulik after Kari.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Agree with all this. Total own goal. Cze - Fin 1-3. And I was naive enough to have high hopes for Rulik after Kari.
I cannot wrap my brain around what we are trying to do.

It honestly feels like the plan is defend, defend some more, blame the goalie and defend some more when we lose. Definitely won't be an exciting team.

I did think the D would be very good for our standards but even it looks bad.

They are leaving a few spots... hoping to hear Jiricek is coming. Hoping we get at least one of our big boys from round 2 of the playoffs.

And yes, I was very excited about Rulik! Not so much anymore.lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad