Value of: David Schlemko

xNogaitx

Akuna Matata.
Sep 9, 2017
Edmonton
I was wondering, with him being sidelined for most of the season due to injury, is there still some value to this guy at the draft?

A puck moving bottom-pairing guy signed to a reasonable contract for another 2 seasons.

Would a package Schlemko + Mtl's 5th rd pick be able to land say... a mid-3rd rd pick? If so, what teams would be interested out there?

Also, it's a minimal contract already but I believe Mtl could easily retain half (1.05M) if needed to bump up the value.

logik47

Sep 14, 2014
You'll probably have to sweeten the deal by adding a prospect to the deal. It's not as bad as Bickell/Teravainen or Bolland/Crouse, though.

I'll say Schlemko+Daniel Audette for, I don't know, Vancouver 3rd or 4th rounder.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
You'll probably have to sweeten the deal by adding a prospect to the deal. It's not as bad as Bickell/Teravainen or Bolland/Crouse, though.

I'll say Schlemko+Daniel Audette for, I don't know, Vancouver 3rd or 4th rounder.
Why would the Canucks want scchlemko lol

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I would love him back in Calgary is if Brodie does in fact get moved at the deadline.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I was wondering, with him being sidelined for most of the season due to injury, is there still some value to this guy at the draft?

A puck moving bottom-pairing guy signed to a reasonable contract for another 2 seasons.

Would a package Schlemko + Mtl's 5th rd pick be able to land say... a mid-3rd rd pick? If so, what teams would be interested out there?

Also, it's a minimal contract already but I believe Mtl could easily retain half (1.05M) if needed to bump up the value.
You might get a 5th for him.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I'd take any mid round pick for him straight up.

It's funny how fans from all the teams he has been on in the past liked him and would take him back. Maybe his play has just been sub-par this season due to injuries, or maybe we got our expectations up a bit too much based on what people were telling us in the off-season. At the end of the day, Reilly, Mete and Juulsen all looked a lot better and there's not much room for him on our roster as an extra with the kind of contract he has.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
I'd take any mid round pick for him straight up.

It's funny how fans from all the teams he has been on in the past liked him and would take him back. Maybe his play has just been sub-par this season due to injuries, or maybe we got our expectations up a bit too much based on what people were telling us in the off-season. At the end of the day, Reilly, Mete and Juulsen all looked a lot better and there's not much room for him on our roster as an extra with the kind of contract he has.

It's all about his usage I think. . Schlemko should be a bottom pairing guy playing 16 minutes a night, with occasional 3/4 minutes but we've unfortuantly had to play him in the 20 range most of the season. We see him a lot more, and he faces a high quality of competition that exposes him.

Reilly has been real good as has Juulsen, but it is garbage time. Fingers crossed that they can keep this up into next season. Mete meanwhile started the season hot but moved himself down the depth chart. He played the minutes Schlemko ideally would have been playing most games. 14-16 mintutes ish. Hard to really compare the two's seasons (imo).

Realistically, I think we get some value on Schlmeko if we choose to move him. Depth D-Men were had at a bargain thanks to Vegas flooding the market. Could be a bit quieter this summer so I wouldn't be shocked to see us do a bit better for him. We traded a 5th for him, I'd expect a late 3rd to 5th round pick someplace as his value should we move him. We might have to take a contract back in the transaction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad