Confirmed with Link: David Savard (50% retained) to Tampa for 2021 1st, 2022 3rd

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.

Didn't see this posted here. Good to know the guys are keeping in touch.... Maybe they can convince him to come back

I think in The Athletic, they also said Tort's was messaging him as well. I wonder if they were messaging Anderson as well or because Savard was with the team for most of the season, that's why they were rooting for him.

As for bringing him back, only for a short and cheap contract but this is Savard's last chance to cash in so I think he goes else where. Would he go to Montreal and be close to home?

Reactions: CBJx614

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Savard has little incentive to return unless his family enjoyed Columbus that much

He can get as good or better deal with a much better team

He may want to finish his career in Canada.....time will tell

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Peeke and who else? There's 60 minutes a night of RD jobs and Peeke isn't playing more than 20 of it next year. Who else is there? The question is more Savard vs somebody else that we might consider acquiring.

Werenski-
Gavrikov-Peeke
Harrington-Carlsson/Kukan(if not selected by Seattle)/Bayruether

1RD can be any mix of Lehtonen, MDZ (if we keep one of them) or a FA veteran on a one year deal like Schenn, Bogosian, Demers, Montour, etc.

Also not factoring in a potential Jones trade bringing in a defenseman (for example, Connor Murphy)

The point being you don’t need to shell out 2-3+ years and 3+ million for Savard when you won’t be good in all likelihood.

Reactions: Jive Pawnbroker

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Werenski-
Gavrikov-Peeke
Harrington-Carlsson/Kukan(if not selected by Seattle)/Bayruether

1RD can be any mix of Lehtonen, MDZ (if we keep one of them) or a FA veteran on a one year deal like Schenn, Bogosian, Demers, Montour, etc.

Also not factoring in a potential Jones trade bringing in a defenseman (for example, Connor Murphy)

The point being you don’t need to shell out 2-3+ years and 3+ million for Savard when you won’t be good in all likelihood.

I think that's suspiciously like tanking if you don't have a young player to put in that spot and you're putting Lehtonen/MDZ on the top pair right side (not even their natural side). I get it if you're developing a young player into a top pairing D but that's not happening here.

Savard for 2 years would be ideal because Peeke might need that much time on the third pair before he's ready to be a top 4D. He has barely played, something like 15 games in 18 months.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016

Didn't see this posted here. Good to know the guys are keeping in touch.... Maybe they can convince him to come back

Past season Savard was the worst CBJ skater, period. Maybe he was just trying too much on a tirefire system and that made himself worse than he actually is, but then again he was also hurting Tampa regular season and not really helping them on playoffs either.

Jarmo was simply a Grand Master Wizard to get a late 1st rounder and another 3rd rounder out of him, also helping CBJ for remaining of the miserable season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad