Waived: David Rundblad

Neo1978

Aug 3, 2015
He was a pure offensive machine in almost every league he played in before the NHL. The talent was there, he just couldn't find it.

And Leddy was treated like the #5D that he was while he was on this team. He wasn't better than Seabrook, Keith, or Hjalmarsson, and Oduya was the perfect fit with Hammer. Q didn't develop him? Is that why he was a #2/3 on a weaker team as soon as he left here? I'm sure the trade alone made him what he was...

This. I just don't get the grief. When the Hawks signed him for an extension, he was still a player more likely to figure it out than flop all together. Come on, his weaknesses are all on the teachable side. Sure, the Rod Strickland, I'm too cool to dive for balls thing is hard to break but most players eventually do enough to make it. And clearly he has the natural talent to play in the league. If he had signed for one year and turned it around, people would be whining that the Hawks didn't sign him for a couple of years, too.

And people that want the Hawks to bail early on players need to understand this point. Panarin was a much longer shot to make it in the NHL than Rundblad was. Teams like St. Louis knew about Panarin but long ago gave up on the guy. A team that gives up on players early aren't bringing in guys like Panarin or even lesser players like TVR.

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
I think people also underappreciated the factor of the trade of how Arizona retained 1/3rd of his cap which allowed that cap tight 2014-15 team to exist. Not many other even elc prospects were lurking around that could fill his 7th Dman role with 580K caphits. Heck even guys like Svedberg and Erixon they had a bit that year were on larger hits that season.

The funny thing I remember was to start that season there were droves of people freaking out in the days leading up to the season how the Hawks according to capsites were over the cap despite Stan saying to those asking him the League confirmed they were fine. Since it wasn't even discovered by people until then that Rundblad was partially retained, but that little couple hundred K was actually significant that year.

That was more of Stan being a ******* and not disseminating all the facts of the trade. Everyone knew they were over and knew something was wrong. Stan sat there for months until the press finally gave into the demands of people asking to find out why.

It was one of little things I hate about Stan, Very smug at times.

The other thing is some of the press in this town are just liek to ask softball questions to Stan. Few actually would hold his feet to the fire.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
That was more of Stan being a ******* and not disseminating all the facts of the trade. Everyone knew they were over and knew something was wrong. Stan sat there for months until the press finally gave into the demands of people asking to find out why.

It was one of little things I hate about Stan, Very smug at times.

The other thing is some of the press in this town are just liek to ask softball questions to Stan. Few actually would hold his feet to the fire.

But they weren't.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I don't understand why Bowman has to explain anything to the public. He knew they were fine, the league knew they were fine. Just because people that are on twitter or HF didn't know, isn't Stan's problem.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
The ability to withhold information from the public is not a particularly impressive feat.

Stan would do well to focus his efforts towards showing how smart he is by way of contract negotiations.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00