Confirmed with Link: David Rundblad and Mathieu Brisebois to the Hawks for a 2nd (2014)

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
What's the deal with this guy? 23 and already bounced all over the place.

Also, for a 2nd rounder? So far, I am not amused.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
Blackhawks just wanted to solidify themselves as one of the more attractive teams in the league.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Good trade for you guys. The only reason he wasn't playing much this season was because of our ridiculous log-jam at defense and Tippett's bizarre treatment of him.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Fair deal, Rundblad could be a player (still really young for a Dman) and his style fits our team.

Weaker draft this year, and we just picked up what amounts to a late 2nd anyway.

Pirri for Rundblad and a 5th

Etch

Relegate the Oilers
Jun 1, 2011
Moncton, NB
As a Yotes fan, gotta say you guys really might have fleeced us here. He's got tremendous offensive upside, just needed some work on his D game and honestly never even got a chance in PHX. He played like 12 games and sat in the press box the rest of this season and his value is currently at an all-time low.

I'd feel pretty good if I was a Hawks fan giving up likely a 55-60th pick in a crap draft for this guy. I know I'm pretty upset with how this turned out :laugh:

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Sounds like familiar treatment from Q to a player now in Florida..

I was thinking the same thing :laugh:

Looking into this more, giving up a mid to late 2nd rounder for a young, low-risk, high-reward player is much more the kind of thing I can perfectly imagine Stan doing.

Pair him with Leddy on the PP and let's see what happens.

ViCiieux

Feb 8, 2013
This guy has an offensive upside like no other young defensemen out there.
He was a PPG in SEL before coming over to NHL.
If he just sorts out his defensive problems he will be a stud. A big, tall mobile defender with an absolute crazy offensive upside. What a steal.

You can see I'm pumped? He played for my arch-rival in Sweden and I love him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad