Prospect Info: David Reinbacher

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I believe it had to do with him changing from center to D the year before, since he's a late B-day he was with the '79's. He had a big WJC but was considered undersized for a blueliner. His D+1 he put up impressive #'s at the WC's.

The point is when talking about Reinbacher, Markov's name shouldn't be anywhere or have anything to do with Reinbacher, they are nothing alike and their situations very
LW

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I mean yes he does. He initiates contact a lot and he's even went for big hits on the gigantic ice that is NL.

No way. I have over 40 vids of him this season, I've seen 98% of every game he's played this season and his physical game is not very good. Go ahead and try and find those big hits in my vids, you will find a couple hits and he almost got into a fight a couple times as he clearly won't back down from someone but for his size he's got to learn to use his size better.

I wouldn’t be that emphatic. He doesn’t go out of his way to hit but he’s very effective in pinning forwards to the boards and winning battles.

He has the size you want to be able to pin forwards and he doesn't lack strength but I wouldn't say he's very effective at any this season as he was very inconsistent throughout the year.

• Love
Reactions: River Meadow

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
No way. I have over 40 vids of him this season, I've seen 98% of every game he's played this season and his physical game is not very good. Go ahead and try and find those big hits in my vids, you will find a couple hits and he almost got into a fight a couple times as he clearly won't back down from someone but for his size he's got to learn to use his size better.

He has the size you want to be able to pin forwards and he doesn't lack strength but I wouldn't say he's very effective at any this season as he was very inconsistent throughout the year.
I haven't watched him since september so maybe that's something he phased out but he was very deliberate with his hits, he was basically the same as with his offense with his physicality.

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
I mean yes he does. He initiates contact a lot and he's even went for big hits on the gigantic ice that is NL.

not sure if we watched the same video but he's great at boxing guys out and angling.
i maintain the bouwmeester over doughty comp - doughty is nasty, reinbacher is more cerebral.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
not sure if we watched the same video but he's great at boxing guys out and angling.
i maintain the bouwmeester over doughty comp - doughty is nasty, reinbacher is more cerebral.
Bouwmeester, especially towards the end of his career, was a pretty soft D and a way better skater. I don't see it but let's leave it at that.

Reactions: Shutdown

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Oh that's fair. I haven't seen enough of him to see any difference in his skating speed, have you found him sluggish ?

His mobility was very good for his age at the AHL level (saw all of his games). He got beat a few times from the outside by the faster forwards, but I think as he gains experience and learns to better gauge how to play the gaps at the NA pro level, it won't be an issue. He covers a lot of ice with his skating.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Worked for Slaf, surely it must work for everyone.
Where did I claim that? My claim is mostly the opposite, that a player who "has it", will be able to take multiple paths to the NHL.

If Rein comes in to camp, is physically ready, and is easily a top 6 D on the team, he will make the team, and that will be the correct decision.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
His mobility was very good for his age at the AHL level (saw all of his games). He got beat a few times from the outside by the faster forwards, but I think as he gains experience and learns to better gauge how to play the gaps at the NA pro level, it won't be an issue. He covers a lot of ice with his skating.

His wingspan is no joke, either.

longstickfromtimetotime.gif

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
This reminded me of this quote from Reinbacher (in Arpon’s piece on him this winter):

“You know dad, you were right,” Harald remembers David telling him. “I always told them that championships are built in the summer. He missed so much practice this summer, he found it hard.”

pretty sure this trait is highly valued from HuGo, this drive to get better and put in the work in the off-season. Let’s see how he does next camp.
Yup, and while I never trained with either of them, our last two high picks never improved in the offseason. KK still can't skate, and that was the downfall of Galch as well. Hard to believe either guy was pushing real hard in the offseason and voila, both are busts.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Oh that's fair. I haven't seen enough of him to see any difference in his skating speed, have you found him sluggish ?

I didn't get to see very much of him before this season so it's tougher to compare to last year but I didn't have any issues off the top of my head with his speed or skating or mobility. I don't think they are high end but I would consider them easily above average to good (talking about the entire year),

I would say the thing that concerned me the most and this was much more so during the 1st half of the season when he was back from the wrist/knee injury. He was really inconsistent, which is not at all uncommon in young blueliners, see it all the time but from what I heard and read about his game (I saw him once at the WJC's and wasn't impressed at all) I expected a very different season from him.

But it reminds me a lot of when Romanov was in the KHL. Now Reinbacher got way more TOI of course since Romanov was mostly used as a 5th-7th D in terms of TOI but his usage on special teams I personally didn't care for but completely understand as that's the part of risk of loaning your prospects back to the Euro leagues since their development is now out of your control.

He'll now have the off-season to work on whatever he feels he needs to in terms of perhaps an idea weight for him and hopefully just keep working on his game, the more he can progress the better for us. I certainly would like to see him use his large frame to his advantage. I don't think he needs to be overly physical but for his size as he gets his man strength he's going to overpower a number of NHLers.

Next season will be very interesting to see how his game looks. I assume they will put him with Hutson at camp and see how it goes.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012

It depends on what game his previous coaches expected of him. On the larger ice surface. Let’s not forget that…

Jul 6, 2016
In his last interview before heading back home for the Summer, Reinbacher was asked if he will get used to MTL fans and media attention (and pressure). He answered : "Maybe yes, maybe, no » with a smile.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad