David Perron in the Player's Tribune

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The heart of the matter:

David Perron said:
...one of the things that was so clear to me when we first got on the ice was the amazing job our management did to build this team. Our lines don’t change too much, and that’s for good reason. They make sense. Our first line of Reilly Smith, William Karlsson and Marchy wasn’t just hacked together. It was crafted. Reilly and Marchy have a really strong connection from their time with the Panthers — they know how to work together. And William is one of those guys — like I mentioned before — who was given a chance to show his potential. He’s an incredibly talented player and the perfect piece to have between those two guys.

And when I started playing with Erik Haula and Neal, there was chemistry right away — because our staff built a team to work together. They knew how we liked to play, even before we got there, and put the pieces in place to give us something to work with.

VegasKnightlife

Aug 20, 2017
Ended up reading this randomly while looking up Golden Knights news on Google. Very heartwarming and well written article by Perron.

These guys are so easy to root for. The chemistry and character they have on the ice makes all the difference in close games.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
It's one reason I've always been drawn to hockey...just a different culture compared to other major pro sports. With few exceptions, you just don't see the low-character/no-character types that infest some other sports.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad