David Perron Appreciation Thread

Honeycutt

Jan 18, 2010
He will be talked about blues lore for generations to come! I wouldn't mind seeing 57 in the rafters some day, but that might be overkill. Dude is a blue through and through.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I love that he clearly loves being here. He's had quite the journey since the Andy Murray days.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
He’s becoming quite a legend in STL. Shows the loyalty by continuing to come back, and he’s now been rewarded with a Stanley Cup and likely his first All-Star game appearance next month.

I’m really happy for him. He deserves all that.

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

StLewis11

Oct 18, 2008
was So.Ill, now SoCA
He’s becoming quite a legend in STL. Shows the loyalty by continuing to come back, and he’s now been rewarded with a Stanley Cup and likely his first All-Star game appearance next month.

I’m really happy for him. He deserves all that.
Couldn't have worded it better myself, I feel the same way.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I love that he clearly loves being here. He's had quite the journey since the Andy Murray days.
Lol Ol’ White Skates can play some hockey.

Count me as a founding member of the David Perron fan club. He was my first personal collection when I started collecting cards. Every year I pick up a few to add to my collection. Hopefully I can find one in an All Star Game jersey soon :)

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
I really wanted to see him a few years back with the Canadiens when they made a little playoff push. Really glad he keeps coming back to St. Louis. Looking back at his trades, he’s had a really interesting road to where he is now.

He’s meant more to this team than anyone would have expected

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
This thread was viewable from the main boards and I saw it.

Vegas fan, loved him on our team for the year we had him. Wanted to keep him and not Neal (it seemed a majority on the Vegas board agreed) but he really only wants to play in St. Louis. Was happy to see him get a Cup.

Much appreciation for this terrific player!

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
He's our modern day Geoff Courtnall. Love having Frenchy back on the club; and he's almost certainly put himself in position to be protected by the club for the expansion draft. I could see a situation, especially if Perron signs yet another contract with STL, where #57 hangs in the rafters some day. Another Cup and an All-Star nomination would pretty much seal it in my eyes.

Reactions: TaffyPool

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Also Perron is the type of guy that I’d like to keep around in our organization after his playing days. I have no idea what his plans are, but he seems like he’d be really good at player development or maybe even scouting. He loves the game.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Kreegz2

Dec 11, 2011
Just imagine the player he could have been if he didn't miss 100 straight games with that concussion at a pivotal point of his development.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Two more year 4mill.$ cap hit for Perron. Damn this might be Army's one of the best moves. I don't believe even him believed he would rise this level.

Reagans Blues

Apr 12, 2019
USA
Crazy to see how far he's come and how his career has progressed from the days of the "Kid Line." Who would have thought that he would have had the biggest impact on the franchise out of the three. He's kind of became a legend in some ways.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Man had you told me even 2 years ago that I would be thrilled to have David Perron on my team again, I’d have guffawed loud and in your face.

Could not stand him at ALL for years here and didn’t miss him one bit when he was traded to Edmonton and then exposed for Vegas.

Since he got back though? Holy cow has he been amazing and is absolutely deserving of an All Star game appearance and like someone else said earlier, I also love how much he loves being a Blue. That’s really cool.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Love how his game has rounded out. He still leads the team in penalties taken but I can live with them because I feel like his penalties this year haven't been as dumb as they were in the past where he would do something completely unnecessary in the offensive zone. And, I love the pestiness he plays with by getting under other guys' skin, so it kinda evens out.

He also leads the team (by far) in posts hit. Has 20 goals already but could easily have more. Pretty crazy how he's seemingly filled Tarasenko's spot just like that.

Reactions: HighNote

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad