Player Discussion David Pastrnak V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewins

Apr 23, 2015
A blurb from my fantasy hockey team, it is one goal off as he scored last game. "With three more goals this season, Pastrnak will join Steven Stamkos, Jonathan Toews, Evgeni Malkin, Anze Kopitar and Sean Monahan as the only players since 2005 to record 30 goals and 30 assists in their age-20 campaigns. Interestingly, he would be the only winger of the bunch."

What a stud, complete steal, will be the best rw in the game soon. He's already up there. His d-game is rounding out too, and he likes to hit.

He has quite the future. Lock him up long and fair. 8x6.5 if you can.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
A blurb from my fantasy hockey team, it is one goal off as he scored last game. "With three more goals this season, Pastrnak will join Steven Stamkos, Jonathan Toews, Evgeni Malkin, Anze Kopitar and Sean Monahan as the only players since 2005 to record 30 goals and 30 assists in their age-20 campaigns. Interestingly, he would be the only winger of the bunch."

What a stud, complete steal, will be the best rw in the game soon. He's already up there. His d-game is rounding out too, and he likes to hit.

interesting note. ovechkin was last winger to do that.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

Pretty good company there. He has definitely bridged the gap from being an impressive early bloomer to an elite player. He's an amazing goal scorer, and he's just as good of a playmaker. I think he's a future leader on the team, too. It's great to have some veterans with Cup experience, like Chara, Bergy, Krejci, and Marchand to be the team's leaders, but it's also great to have guys like Pasta and Krug who are hungry for their first.

Absolutely pay the man, and lock him up for as long as you can. We have a lot of our core locked up long term. Pasta is only 20 years old and he's one of the best and most dynamic players on the team. He's going to be a franchise player. What guys like Seguin, Kessel, and Hamilton didn't have, he has in bounds. Absolutely no questions about his attitude and work ethic. He has just as much skill as every one of them too. Can't wait to see what the future holds for him.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
I wish that Sweeney finds a serviceable RW for Krejci. Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak line just tears apart any opposition. Could see all three of them getting 70+ points if they spend a whole season together.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I would definitely give him the 7th player award. One could make the argument for Marchand too, because he has the best season for a Bruins since Savard in 08-09. What a nice dilemma to have.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I wish that Sweeney finds a serviceable RW for Krejci. Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak line just tears apart any opposition. Could see all three of them getting 70+ points if they spend a whole season together.

Backes could be the solution there if they had a better LW solution for Krejci. Landy would have been perfect.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Backes could be the solution there if they had a better LW solution for Krejci. Landy would have been perfect.

Agreed. One of the bigger needs this off-season. Cassidy clearly loves putting Pasta with them, but can't do it all the time because of the lack of scoring on Krejci's line.

Pasta is so much fun to watch.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I was against taking Pasta off Bergy's line, but man, he and Krejci have been tearing it up. He works on any line, just needs to cool it on some of the giveaways, one of those is gonna hurt bad soon. But you take the bad with the good, and the good far outweighs the bad, everytime he touches the puck I am legitimately excited cos anything can happen and he keeps undressing Dmen trying to stand up at the blue line its hilarious. His undressing of Gudas the other day was awesome, skated in a straight line, shoulder shimmy, dekey deke and through he went. Will say though, he has been absolutely ROBBED of some PP goals from his one timer (The one against Mrazek was deadset mailed and he somehow snagged it)

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I would definitely give him the 7th player award. One could make the argument for Marchand too, because he has the best season for a Bruins since Savard in 08-09. What a nice dilemma to have.

7th player doesnt go to best player. as is suggested by the awards name you elliminate your top 3 forwards, your top 2 dmen, and your goalie from consideration. these guys get all the star accolades so 7th player goes to the unsung hero playing in the shadows

i suppose pastrnak should get the award considering he wasnt even guaranteed a role in the top 2 lines at camp.

marchand has had a career year but he was expected to be our best winger.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
7th player doesnt go to best player. as is suggested by the awards name you elliminate your top 3 forwards, your top 2 dmen, and your goalie from consideration. these guys get all the star accolades so 7th player goes to the unsung hero playing in the shadows

i suppose pastrnak should get the award considering he wasnt even guaranteed a role in the top 2 lines at camp.

You're entitled to your interpretation, but that's not how the award is described nor how fans have necessarily voted over the years.

Plenty of players on recipient list that are not exactly guys "playing in the shadows".:laugh:

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland

"The Seventh Player Award is a team award of the Boston Bruins of the National Hockey League.
It is awarded to the player voted on by the fans who performed beyond expectations
."

No "unsung hero playing in the shadows"... So it says nor implies anywhere that you must eliminate any player from contention for this award, like you said.

And as "performed beyond expectations" is concerned, I see two players who actually fit the bill: Pastrnak & Marchand.

Pastrnak because I don't think that many would have seen him transform into such a strong player - since he bulked up, it's almost impossible to separate him from the puck - who is a force to be reckoned with EVERY game + will have a 30g/60+ points season at the same time.
Marchand because going from a 50/60 points player to having the best points production a Bruins has had since the 2008-09 season (while his center is having his worst points producing season in a decade, no less), is no easy feat. Going from top 50-60 in the league to elite in one season is not exactly a breeze. The magnitude of what Marchand has done, while Bergy is languishing some 25 points or so below, seems to be lost on you.

So, who is your 7th player award? Colin Miller? Moore?

Last edited:

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
Boston runs on Pasta!

Those are some great stats above, what a great year he's having and truly is rounding into form. Please lock this kid up already. How can he not be the 7th player.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
"The Seventh Player Award is a team award of the Boston Bruins of the National Hockey League.
It is awarded to the player voted on by the fans who performed beyond expectations
."

No "unsung hero playing in the shadows"... So it says nor implies anywhere that you must eliminate any player from contention for this award, like you said.

And as "performed beyond expectations" is concerned, I see two players who actually fit the bill: Pastrnak & Marchand.

Pastrnak because I don't think that many would have seen him transform into such a strong player - since he bulked up, it's almost impossible to separate him from the puck - who is a force to be reckoned with EVERY game + will have a 30g/60+ points season at the same time.
Marchand because going from a 50/60 points player to having the best points production a Bruins has had since the 2008-09 season (while his center is having his worst points producing season in a decade, no less), is no easy feat. Going from top 50-60 in the league to elite in one season is not exactly a breeze. The magnitude of what Marchand has done, while Bergy is languishing some 25 points or so below, seems to be lost on you.

So, who is your 7th player award? Colin Miller? Moore?

I fully expected Pastrnak and Marchand to perform like they have. Pasta was bound to break out given his pedigree and past performances. Marchand was top 5 in scoring last year and was the MVP of the World Cup except . . . Crosby.

I never expected Brandon Carlo or Dom Moore to perform like they have. That's the definition of the 7th Player Award, not giving it to Billy Guerin because he scored 40.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

Not too late, I don't think. The price may go down for him. Also, if those rumors about Palat were true, those would be two excellent potential LWs for Krejci. The good thing is Pasta has good chemistry with both Krejci and Bergy. We can slot him anywhere and he'll do just fine. It's hard for him not to fit in with his speed and skill. He makes everyone around him better.

I think it's better that he's with Krejci, as he's FAR more inconsistent than Bergy. Krejci has also never really had a "rock" like Bergy has Marshy, I think Pasta is finally his guy.

Landeskog/Palat-Krejci-Pasta
Marchand-Bergy-Backes

Seems pretty good to me, but that's obviously best case scenario. You'd like to see more offensive production out of Backes, but I have no problem with him making space for 37 and 63.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I fully expected Pastrnak and Marchand to perform like they have. Pasta was bound to break out given his pedigree and past performances. Marchand was top 5 in scoring last year and was the MVP of the World Cup except . . . Crosby.

I never expected Brandon Carlo or Dom Moore to perform like they have. That's the definition of the 7th Player Award, not giving it to Billy Guerin because he scored 40.

I posted the definition of the 7th player award right at the beginning of the post you quoted. That's the definition you are looking for.

I admire the fact that you were able to "fully expect" a player who had a highest season total of 27 points to jump to 30 goals and most likely 70+ points, while establishing himself as a truly dominant player (something he had never even sniffed before in the NHL).
Likewise for seeing Marchand going for 85 points or so, when he had a previous high of 61 (only time above 60 points for him, until now), achieving that even while his center underperformed points-wise to the tune of probably his worst totals in close to a decade.
Not easy stuff to forecast. If I was in your shoes, I would send a resume to the Bruins.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I posted the definition of the 7th player award right at the beginning of the post you quoted. That's the definition you are looking for.

I admire the fact that you were able to "fully expect" a player who had a highest season total of 27 points to jump to 30 goals and most likely 70+ points, while establishing himself as a truly dominant player (something he had never even sniffed before in the NHL).
Likewise for seeing Marchand going for 85 points or so, when he had a previous high of 61 (only time above 60 points for him, until now) even if his center underperformed points-wise to the tune of probably his worst totals in close to a decade.
If I was in your shoes, I would send a resume to the Bruins.

I'm sorry I disagree with your selection for 7th Player Award. I had not considered the ramifications of this devastating news upon your life. I'll go to box now, for 2 minutes, and feel shame. :shakehead

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I'm sorry I disagree with your selection for 7th Player Award. I had not considered the ramifications of this devastating news upon your life. I'll go to box now, for 2 minutes, and feel shame. :shakehead

No problem. It's tough to fully expect everything.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Pasta hits 60 points for the first time in his career.

9 game point streak for him currently, and very close to hitting PPG as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad