HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

kAbMxEn.jpg

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Pasta on Friday, Marchand on Saturday = 2 win weekend coming for the Bruins!

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Bout time.

Would take Pasta any day over Griffith and Koko (maybe Koko will prove me wrong but I haven't seen anything with the big club that impresses).

Hope he skates with Spooner. He's played some of his best hockey with Spooner. Put Loui or Beleskey on the other wing.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I look forward to that big Pasta smile.

Also can't wait for Marchy to be back.

If they were at home I'd ask you to give him a swear for me.

Right or wrong most of us like Brad, but the truly over the line "antics" (submarine, spearing) have to stop.

Hindsight is 20/20 per crucial absence at the Classic and against Washington, but this stuff is too often selfish, and plainly detrimental to the club's success.

He doesn't have to be a Lady Bing candidate, but as a member of the NHL media opined, correctly, he should be better than that by now.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
does anyone know if Claude has tendered his resignation after apparently being forced to put Pasta on the first line? surely it wasn't his own choice, right?

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
does anyone know if Claude has tendered his resignation after apparently being forced to put Pasta on the first line? surely it wasn't his own choice, right?

I don't think Claude would resign. Just make life harder on Pastrnak. Last to be allowed to shower so he gets cold water, last in line for lunch, cleaning up equipment at practice, ect. :naughty:

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Has he been re-assigned to the Bruins? (Havent seen any hockey stuff since yesterday) if so....FINALLY! Lets hope he plays with some fire, and has a better showing than his last couple before injury, looked a bit average, growing pains etc, I wanna see him play with confidence.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Has he been re-assigned to the Bruins? (Havent seen any hockey stuff since yesterday) if so....FINALLY! Lets hope he plays with some fire, and has a better showing than his last couple before injury, looked a bit average, growing pains etc, I wanna see him play with confidence.

McQuaid going to IR opened up a slot for him and he's back up.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=44444

On Thursday morning, Bruins GM Don Sweeney announced that defenseman Adam McQuaid has been placed on injured reserve with an upper body injury. McQuaid was boarded by Washington’s Zach Sill in Tuesday’s loss to the Capitals, and though there was no penalty on the play, Sill was assessed a two-game suspension by the league on Wednesday evening.

McQuaid required assistance getting off the ice and down the tunnel after taking the hit.

Injuries are nothing new for this team. For much of last season — and throughout this season, too — there have been key players missing from the lineup. In addition to McQuaid, the Bruins are currently without forwards David Krejci (upper body) and Brad Marchand (suspension), and they will simply have to find a way to persevere.

“It’s another thing to make our team stronger,†said forward Matt Beleskey. “Someone else has to step up, and I don’t have any doubt in here that someone will.â€

In a corresponding roster move, the Bruins recalled David Pastrnak from Providence on Thursday morning. This will mark Pastrnak’s first appearance with Boston since November, when he suffered a foot fracture that would force him to miss seven weeks of game action.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008

I'm guessing you're being condescending. However to give my opinion either way, being a Sweeney fan and not a Claude fan, I think this falls on Sweeney.

He has a few extra players that he is afraid to put on waivers that aren't ready or never will be for the NHL so he wanted to keep Pasta back so he didn't have to lose anybody.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Let's not get overwhelmed here.

Yes, it is great he is back in the line up, the Bruins have missed him a lot. But he will be rusty after being out so long. Plus remember this is only his second season, he's still growing both physically & professionally.

IOW please temper your expectations, both for his sake and the sake of your cardiovascular systems.

:)

Jack Bourdain

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 25, 2008

Yes, it is great he is back in the line up, the Bruins have missed him a lot. But he will be rusty after being out so long. Plus remember this is only his second season, he's still growing both physically & professionally.

IOW please temper your expectations, both for his sake and the sake of your cardiovascular systems.

I picked him up in my pool, and on that basis alone I expect 30 goals by season's end. :baghead:

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

Don't worry. Any struggles Pasta may have will be Clode's fault.

Brewins

Apr 23, 2015
Id want to see him on PP2 in marchys spot. Other than that work him in slowly and give him some confidence. Bergys line should be a good place to give him some skill to play with along with good defense so he isnt stuck in the d zone.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
If they were at home I'd ask you to give him a swear for me.

Right or wrong most of us like Brad, but the truly over the line "antics" (submarine, spearing) have to stop.

Hindsight is 20/20 per crucial absence at the Classic and against Washington, but this stuff is too often selfish, and plainly detrimental to the club's success.

He doesn't have to be a Lady Bing candidate, but as a member of the NHL media opined, correctly, he should be better than that by now.

No swears from me....Brad has calmed down quite a bit from 2011. I think he was very sad that he had to sit out the WC.

I welcome him back. One thing having him out is that we can see how important he is to this team. He always works hard....ALWAYS.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

I'm just happy to see him playing. A kid his age needs to play... He's so far ahead of basically everyone else in his draft. We're not in any rush for him to become a top player but he needs to play to get that experience. He also brings a lot of energy to the team.

HeartsAlive

Apr 11, 2013
If they are going to ease him in tonight, I'd be OK with him and Spooner 5v5. He should also get some looks for Krejci's half wall shot on the PP, like they tried with Griffith in the WC. For the bulk of the season though, I want to see them load up the top 2 lines and play him with Marchand and Bergeron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad