David Pastrnak first player from 2014 draft to hit 50 goals

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
With his goal today, also the first to hit 25 goals in a season. Second player apart from Draisaitl to hit 100 points. On pace for around 36-37 goals in the season.

Where would he go in a redraft? Why has he been so successful?

EDIT: Heres the goal: https://streamable.com/zo3mo

He's a natural offensive player that was severely underrated in his draft year. I wanted him over Tuch at the 18th pick... and was disappointed the Wild passed on him and have been watching his career with envy ever since.

Tuch should end up a pretty good player too one day, but Pastrnak has an offensive instinct that people really didn't catch on to when he was being scouted for the draft.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
He's right up there with Draisaitl as the best player of the 2014 draft (very good draft)

Drai being a big centerman I'd have him ahead, but he's 2nd

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Yeah it was evident early on he should have went top 5. It's not often I'll be so quick to believe something like that, but he was so good in his first season.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Too bad Boston rushed him. He could have been better than he s right now IMO.

Nope. He dominated the AHL. Had nothing to learn there. Has been productive every year, just bad luck with injuries.

He's also been injured twice this year, and went a month without scoring... So happy to see him explode this season. I predicted he would, can't wait to see what the future holds.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Really good find for Boston. Was that Chiarelli's last pick? If so, it was a great one that sort of made up for trading Seguin.

Thank God for Pasta. If you want a laugh at Bruins expense look at our picks from 2007-2013. Outside of Seguin (monkey could have made that pick and we all know how that ended up for B's) and Hamilton (we're hoping those picks pan out) we have very little to show for that 7 year period.

Bad trades and bad picks during that period us back badly.

Thankfully prospect pool finally looks good after better drafting starting a few years ago.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Thank God for Pasta. If you want a laugh at Bruins expense look at our picks from 2007-2013. Outside of Seguin (monkey could have made that pick and we all know how that ended up for B's) and Hamilton (we're hoping those picks pan out) we have very little to show for that 7 year period.

Bad trades and bad picks during that period us back badly.

Thankfully prospect pool finally looks good after better drafting starting a few years ago.

2006 was a hell of a draft, and Benning had nothing to do with it

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I think him, Draisaitl and Nylander will always be grouped together as the years go by and they are compared.

Just like how Rask and Price will always be compared. It makes for great conversation.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
What about say, Ehlers? What's so particular about those three?

Also not sure who still compares Price and Rask.

Wins

Save %

GAA

SO

Vezina's

Playoffs

Wins

Save %

GAA

Which one is Rask and which one is Price? Drafted in the same year, same round. Not to derail but when one wins a Vezina people say he is the better one of the two. It comes and goes in cycles.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
Wins

Save %

GAA

SO

Vezina's

Playoffs

Wins

Save %

GAA

Which one is Rask and which one is Price? Drafted in the same year, same round. Not to derail but when one wins a Vezina people say he is the better one of the two. It comes and goes in cycles.

I haven't heard anyone mention them in the same breath in awhile, sorry. Price, Holtby, last few years Rask just has not been talked about. Aside from starting this season.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
I haven't heard anyone mention them in the same breath in awhile, sorry. Price, Holtby, last few years Rask just has not been talked about. Aside from starting this season.

They have always been mentioned in the same breath and they have always been compared to each other. One year where Price was awesome and Rask wasn't doesn't change anything just like when Rask was awesome and Price wasn't. In the last few years Rask has won a Vezina trophy. Only last season where Rask played a lot of games recovering from an injury and behind a terrible defense has he not been mentioned in the same breath.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
With his goal today, also the first to hit 25 goals in a season. Second player apart from Draisaitl to hit 100 points. On pace for around 36-37 goals in the season.

Where would he go in a redraft? Why has he been so successful?

EDIT: Heres the goal: https://streamable.com/zo3mo

Scored that game-winning goal fooling the "best defensive defenseman in the NHL" too...

Too bad Boston rushed him. He could have been better than he s right now IMO.

Most definitely... If we hadn't rushed him, he probably would already have ~150 points in the season instead of this pathetic 47 points in 50 games... :sarcasm:

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Love Pastrnak.

I could see Boston fooling around and winning another cup. I don't agree with firing Coach Julien but a move like that can spark a squad.

The GOAT sports city. I still can't get over Brady/Belichick's excellence.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Kid's a beauty. I don't mind what B's are doing with their young lads. Past and Carlo are young kids. Any other organization they may have been in AHL. The thought that AHL is the best way to go always not true
They have enough vets to surround these kids with.

Really liking what this kid brings. The fact that B's got him so late in the draft is just and right before the Habs makes it even better. Also right after Canucks. I hate the Canucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad