Confirmed with Link: David Nonis TML GM|Brian Burke Hired as Senior Advisor - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penalty Kill Icing*

^ Never heard of Nonis? :lol:

Nice. Can't get worse than Burke. And clock doesn't reset on him either. i.e. He won't get a bye saying "Oh, its just his first year with Leafs. Lets give him another year to make playoffs".

:handclap:

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Nonis is not official this thread is wrong.

That link from Bob doesn't say that and neither does the website

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Would be difficult to do any worse than Burke tbh. Very little on ice success.

Not hard when you get fired for not trading for a player with a bloated contract. Its so easy to see what MLSE is doing here. Brian Burke has made it clear he didn't want Luongo. MLSE wants Luongo, so they fire Burke, and hire a guy that will do the job.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
As long as he doesn't become an MLSE puppet I guess I am okay with this. Still want Burke at the helm for the time being.

lush

@jasonlush
Sep 9, 2008
Vancouver
Vancouver fan here, obviously with the parallels between this and what happened in Vancouver you guys might be curious about our thoughts. There really are a lot of similarities. I for one thought Burke would be a good fit in Toronto because it felt like he'd never had an opportunity to run a high revenue/budget team. It seems as though that experiment didn't work out.

I was not a big fan of Nonis, mainly because he seemed even less capable of signing any decent free agents. However in hindsight Nonis brought in some great players for us through the draft. If he was only better at signing UFA's I'd have been happy. The other problem was he turned our team into an incredibly boring product.

Anyways, crazy news today and I'm sure still way too much detail emerging to really commentate on specifics yet.

xyzz

Aug 18, 2008
Nonis is not official this thread is wrong.

That link from Bob doesn't say that and neither does the website

Here is a direct quote from Bob: "Dave Nonis is the next GM of the Toronto Maple Leafs"

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Not hard when you get fired for not trading for a player with a bloated contract. Its so easy to see what MLSE is doing here. Brian Burke has made it clear he didn't want Luongo. MLSE wants Luongo, so they fire Burke, and hire a guy that will do the job.

I won't disagree that what you described is a large part of this.

Will be interesting to see if Nonnis is interim or not.

huge*

Greg Brady @bradyfan590
I realize this is VERY speculative, but told by a source Randy Carlyle is "not exactly safe".

SteveV*

Greg Brady @bradyfan590
I realize this is VERY speculative, but told by a source Randy Carlyle is "not exactly safe".

This is pure craziness!!! WTF is going on, we have a season coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Nonis is the perfect "interm GM" especially in this situation where he's already familiar with the organization (just as he was in Vancouver when he succeeded Burke as GM).

Made some decent moves for the Canucks; but failed to take the team to the "next level".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad