David Legwand's defensive ability

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
when i think of legwand, i will forever think of him stealing the puck from hatcher and scoring that playoff shorthanded goal, the greatest single moment and the loudest in predator history.

while he might not have been the player we hoped he would be, he gave everything he had for this organization and i will always wish him and therefore the sens the best.

That was an awesome moment.

I have never heard the arena that loud. Gives me chills just thinking about it.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
If I didn't have to work I'd be at the game cheering for him when he's announced. He didn't live up to expectations of some, but he still gave us a lot of his adult life. He was always professional. Hell, just this is reason enough to cheer the guy:

belak-ad_1315641a_medium.jpg

Then, you have the story about him having to sit on a stool in the shower after games because his knee needed surgery, but he kept playing since the team was so close to making the playoffs.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=12468104&postcount=51

That isn't an official media site, but I'd put money on anything Seth told me pertaining to the Preds.

Wow this provides a brief ray of sunshine on a very dark subject, WB was a guy for me that i did not know much about, played for a few of my teams rivals and still i couldn't help liking the guy seemed like just a good person in general.

Damn that post got me kind of emotional thinking about the hockey community and how it comes together in a sad time. Anyways again i do not expect anything less from a guy i view as very classy, coming from an extremely classy organization, and as i have learned with matching fans!

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Wow this provides a brief ray of sunshine on a very dark subject, WB was a guy for me that i did not know much about, played for a few of my teams rivals and still i couldn't help liking the guy seemed like just a good person in general.

Damn that post got me kind of emotional thinking about the hockey community and how it comes together in a sad time. Anyways again i do not expect anything less from a guy i view as very classy, coming from an extremely classy organization, and as i have learned with matching fans!

I'm in.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
"Living up to being a #2 pick" is all objective. I said it for years (it doesn't mean I'm right or wrong) that if you look back at a draft and have a guy who's an excellent two-way forward for 15 years in the organization you have to count it as a win. Doesn't matter if you find him at #2 or #222. Sure you'd like to find those guys as low as possible in the draft but by no means should what Legwand gave us be unappreciated. That's also not taking into account that for his entire career here he played for a coach who was willing to sacrifice offense to ensure defensive production. He was great at that, but there's no definitive way to tell if he couldn't have been more of a point scorer if that was always his biggest role. He was a product of what was asked of him, and it's not sexy on the stat sheet.

Interesting that so many people had issues with him when you compare him to his draft class he was a top 5 player.

Only players drafted after him in the first round with better careers were Gagne, Gomez and Tanguay. That's a top 5 pick not bad....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad