David Legwand vs. Pekka Rinne

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I think the main thing is that Leggy's body of work is now done in Predators lore. Rinne's still writing his story.

if Leggy hadnt been the first draftee, and was just viewed on his body of work here, I don't think he'd be in anyones top 5.

Givens

Apr 17, 2014
This is just an unfair vote. It's like picking between myself and my mirror.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Yeah, that's just it. Leggy had some high expectations, and though they were a bit unrealistic, he never met them.

I've never been a big fan of that mindset. If you have the #2 overall pick and someone told you that you'd pick a guy who would be very solid for 15 years, you're taking it every time. Whatever "expectations" he didn't meet, that doesn't mean he wasn't worth it.

That said, I wanted to vote Leggy but I couldn't.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
This is as of today; I think you have to vote Leggy - solidly a top 6 for a big run of years, including our first PO runs before Peks. Plus, centering Ward and Smithson as that #2 and shutdown line is still criminally under-appreciated; in Trotzy's system, that was as important as putting up 60+. That said, IN a few years, I'm quite sure it's easily Peks.

SeventyOneTN

Oct 26, 2009
This is as of today; I think you have to vote Leggy - solidly a top 6 for a big run of years, including our first PO runs before Peks. Plus, centering Ward and Smithson as that #2 and shutdown line is still criminally under-appreciated; in Trotzy's system, that was as important as putting up 60+. That said, IN a few years, I'm quite sure it's easily Peks.

This explains my vote

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad