Prospect Info: David Hrenak has signed with your Los Angeles Kings

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I am not sure that Hrenak is elite goalie prospect…
Look at these great young d-men we have. I believe our development of goalies is even better than D. Look what they did with Keumper, Campbell, Jones, Petersen, and Steve Guttenberg. If they see something in him. Great. They have earned the right.

Yes our development of forwards is a completely different discussion that should involve torches and pitchforks

Last edited:

Sybil227

Jun 16, 2004
Santa Clarita
Look at these great young d-men we have. I believe is our development of goalies is even better than D. Look what they did with Keumper, Campbell, Jones, Petersen, and Steve Guttenberg. If they see something in him. Great. They have earned the right.

Yes our development of forwards is a completely different discussion that should involve torches and pitchforks
I have no problem with Imoo being let go - but he was a big part of that development process (especially with Campbell), and I'm not sure how that has affected our goalie development.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Villalta, Ingham, and Hrenak are all the goalies in the pipeline under contract.

Also note that Villalta's ELC contract is up this summer, but it's likely the Kings will re-sign him and he'll be returning as Ontario's starter.

Also, Lukas Parik signed a one-year deal with Ontario, so the Kings have to make a decision with him as well and where they'll place him next year.

We don't know if the Kings will opt to go with a young backup goalie to share the net with Villalta, or if they opt to go for another veteran backup like Garret Sparks.

Of the goalie prospects, none have really stood out as being anywhere close to NHL ready, and given their ages, we probably won't know who is the best of that crop at least for another three-plus years.

Reactions: YP44

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
You just never know with goalies, I don't follow prospects super close but did anyone peg quick to turn out the way he did?

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
I have thoughts that I shall withhold until the announcement is made official.
I was surprised that they would use another roster spot on a goalie.

I have no idea how many goalies they plan on carrying next season under the 50 Roster limit but they're at 4 already

Petersen, Quick, Ingham, Hrenak

They can apparently play "stash the Goalie" for one more year with Parik on an AHL/ECHL contract but then there's the Villalta of it all.

I know it's de rigueur around here to bash Villalta but he's still the starter on a team that has performed incredibly well, is RFA this summer, won't require waivers next year and despite his spot on some prospect rankings... the people I have spoken to have expressed confidence in his current status.

SO... maybe my sources are crap.

Maybe the organization moves on with Hrenak and Ingham (and Parik?) in the AHL.

Maybe they bring Villalta back and go with 4 goalies in the AHL.

They went with 5 this year (Villalta, Sparks, Ingham, Lethemon, Parik) with only 3 of them counting against the 50 Contract limit... so maybe they decide to just tack another one on and make it 4?

Dave33

Jul 8, 2005
Look at these great young d-men we have. I believe our development of goalies is even better than D. Look what they did with Keumper, Campbell, Jones, Petersen, and Steve Guttenberg. If they see something in him. Great. They have earned the right.

Terrible take. We all know the stonecutters developed Guttenberg.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I wouldn’t include Petersen as a success story in development. He’s been pretty much consistent in his performance. Consistently mediocre at best.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Glad they got him in the fold to see what he's got, at least. Very likable dude, even if he's a bit of a wild card as a goalie. The talent is there, i'm eager to see how he plays with a more packed schedule than college.

A little shocked to hear the org is sill bullish about Villalta, guess we'll have to wait till he's THE problem in the playoffs for them to open their eyes. Dude is gonna lose in the first round and it will be mostly his fault, bookmark this post.

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
They thing I like about Hrenak is he has been consistent for the past 5 years, not all over the place statistically.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I was surprised that they would use another roster spot on a goalie.

I have no idea how many goalies they plan on carrying next season under the 50 Roster limit but they're at 4 already

Petersen, Quick, Ingham, Hrenak

They can apparently play "stash the Goalie" for one more year with Parik on an AHL/ECHL contract but then there's the Villalta of it all.

I know it's de rigueur around here to bash Villalta but he's still the starter on a team that has performed incredibly well, is RFA this summer, won't require waivers next year and despite his spot on some prospect rankings... the people I have spoken to have expressed confidence in his current status.

SO... maybe my sources are crap.

Maybe the organization moves on with Hrenak and Ingham (and Parik?) in the AHL.

Maybe they bring Villalta back and go with 4 goalies in the AHL.

They went with 5 this year (Villalta, Sparks, Ingham, Lethemon, Parik) with only 3 of them counting against the 50 Contract limit... so maybe they decide to just tack another one on and make it 4?
I think they should cut ties with Villalta.

He never was really promising, makes a great save here and there but is just a product of the team right now.

Reactions: kinghock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad