Player Discussion David Desharnais: The Final Chapter Edition (UPD: confirmed final)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
:laugh:

I won't be surprised if he is. But he's done here. If it's not before the deadline it will be in the off season. He's as good as gone now.

I'm not sure how you feel things changed? MT was benching him pretty often before he was fired.

Julien is just continuing what MT started before he was fired. I'm not sure why people act like it's a complete change...

Whether you had faith in MT or not he was benching DD, that is a fact not an opinion.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I'm not sure how you feel things changed? MT was benching him pretty often before he was fired.

Julien is just continuing what MT started before he was fired. I'm not sure why people act like it's a complete change...

Whether you had faith in MT or not he was benching DD, that is a fact not an opinion.
I'm not sure how you can be not sure how things have changed... The guy who gave him ridiculous minutes for years is gone.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Yeah, years ago.

Lately, MT was benching him and this year played him an average of 13 minutes or so.
By "years ago" you mean last year right?

As for this season, he was still mostly in the lineup. Still came back multiple times. Every time I heard he was finished back he'd come.

You had faith that MT would do something sane and get rid of the guy. I don't share your faith. Now that we've got somebody else, he'll be gone for sure. And that's a good thing.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

As for this season, he was still mostly in the lineup. Still came back multiple times. Every time I heard he was finished back he'd come.

You had faith that MT would do something sane and get rid of the guy. I don't share your faith. Now that we've got somebody else, he'll be gone for sure. And that's a good thing.

I really don't believe that Desharnais is worth wasting your breath over. It,s not like him leaving will solve all the other problems the team is facing. He is a non factor, period.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Bergevin's fault for signing him to that ridiculous term.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

Last year he played with flash and Weise the most. Yeah he had a run with max but those were his most common linemates. Plekanec was on 1st line to start the season.

I have no idea when I said "he's finished" in terms of not playing again. In fact I've said over and over he'll continue to play in a reduced role in and out of the line-up while MT was here.

I then said CJ will play him again at some point or another.

I never said MT will get rid of him. I said he won't be re-signed and his opportunities are dwindling into nothing. I'm not sure how I have contradicted any of this. The only thing left to see is if I'm right about Julien.

It's not my problem if people jumped the gun several times(which I posted saying it was foolish). That's on them, not me.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Thread title sounds like a Friday the 13th movie. :laugh:
Just like the last four years of Therrien coaching DD...
Last year he played with flash and Weise the most. Yeah he had a run with max but those were his most common linemates. Plekanec was on 1st line to start the season.
They were only his most common linemates because he got hurt later on.

Seriously, how are we even discussing this? How the heck did he wind up with Max AT ALL? It made no logical sense, just like the previous years didn't make logical sense. You can't blame people for thinking it could happen again.

Anyways, the whole thing's moot. With CJ here there's zero chance of him coming back as far as I'm concerned and that will be better for everyone.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Just like the last four years of Therrien coaching DD...

They were only his most common linemates because he got hurt later on.

Seriously, how are we even discussing this? How the heck did he wind up with Max AT ALL? It made no logical sense, just like the previous years didn't make logical sense. You can't blame people for thinking it could happen again.

Anyways, the whole thing's moot. With CJ here there's zero chance of him coming back as far as I'm concerned and that will be better for everyone.

Coming back meaning? Being in the lineup or playing 18-19 minutes?

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Montreal re-signs David Desharnais for 3 years, I'm just waiting to wake up one morning and see that notification on my phone :sarcasm:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I had said before the season even started that this would be DD's last year whether he finishes his contract and they let him walk or he gets traded.

dak000

Jan 16, 2017
Not nearly as bad as this board and TSN690 make him to be. He was used on the 1st line because he fed Pacioretty great passes all day and he was our best centre at the time. I'd try him on the 4th line. If not, he's a perfect player for the Swiss league, where he had success a few years ago.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Not nearly as bad as this board and TSN690 make him to be. He was used on the 1st line because he fed Pacioretty great passes all day and he was our best centre at the time. I'd try him on the 4th line. If not, he's a perfect player for the Swiss league, where he had success a few years ago.

He stopped being that player 3 years ago

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

After being told to for years.

DUH

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
He's preventing one of the top centre prospects in St John's...from a seat in the pressbox.

If there is one.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I'm still expecting to wake up and realize Therrien getting fired was a dream.

:laugh: Me Too.

Nice to have the team no longer held hostage by a beer league convenor.

Another game tonight with no Therrien. The gift that just keeps on giving. :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad