David Desharnais - The 3rd line edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
No... we didn't.

I just needed a thread to lure you in so i can tell you that Desharnais played well tonight....but played less than 14 minutes and that's another win for the Habs.

Don'T care about his lucky goal, he did create great scoring chances with Galchenyuk tonight.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I think the conclusion was obvious with DD but it's always nice to see any player in the line-up score. Good for DD and good for the team. Regardless of what people feel about him for next season, right now we can use more goals and i'll take them from anyone.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I think the conclusion was obvious with DD but it's always nice to see any player in the line-up score. Good for DD and good for the team. Regardless of what people feel about him for next season, right now we can use more goals and i'll take them from anyone.

Well, i don't think anybody would disagree with that one.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
He might have destroyed Bishop. Rumour is he went to lockerroom and almost retired for getting scored on by DD.

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
In fact, he was not playing very good tonight in my opinion. It may be the reason he add just 13:37 minutes TOI... Sinkness, long trip to reach the team and 2 game in two night... (trying a "new stick" excuse that every hockey players has...)

But I will take that lucky goal! Potentiel may be good, but Result is what important!

Byebye Bishop! :)

We need everyone to win! that what we have! nothing else!

go habs go!

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
What his play tonight makes me wonder is..here the hell has that effort defensively been the past 50 games..hell... the past couple of years?

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
He is decent in a certain role.

Problem is he is MT's lil security blanket. Either MT needs to use him in a reduced role or MB needs to ship him out.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
He is decent in a certain role.

Problem is he is MT's lil security blanket. Either MT needs to use him in a reduced role or MB needs to ship him out.

Ship him. There's no way MT will stop using him the way he does. He won't just stop one day.

Kjell Dahlin

Jan 10, 2010
Québec, Québec
What his play tonight makes me wonder is..here the hell has that effort defensively been the past 50 games..hell... the past couple of years?

Desharnais will never become a defensive juggernaut but people are stuck to his debut when they evaluate his defensive contribution. The guy improved a lot in this department and I can’t believe my eyes when some people claim that he is always the last player back or that his back checking effort is deficient.

Let me be clear: in critical defensive situations, he would still be my last choice behind Plekanec, Eller and Mitchell but Desharnais’ defensive flaws often are exaggerated.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Desharnais will never become a defensive juggernaut but people are stuck to his debut when they evaluate his defensive contribution. The guy improved a lot in this department and I can’t believe my eyes when some people claim that he is always the last player back or that his back checking effort is deficient.

Let me be clear: in critical defensive situations, he would still be my last choice behind Plekanec, Eller and Mitchell but Desharnais’ defensive flaws often are exaggerated.

Huh? I can't believe you think he's improved defensively through the years...quite the opposite, Tonight was the first time in three years he actually backchecked hard for an entire game. We're not asking for the moon here...

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002

His post season effort is miles ahead of what is was in the regular.

I give the guy credit here but sorry, his regular season defensive effort was more often then not, severely lacking

Kjell Dahlin

Jan 10, 2010
Québec, Québec
Huh? I can't believe you think he's improved defensively through the years...quite the opposite, Tonight was the first time in three years he actually backchecked hard for an entire game. We're not asking for the moon here...

Desharnais still is a liability when our opponents establish control in our zone but the guy is now backchecking hard... and imo it’s been the case for a long period.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
"good effort".

I'm sorry but this is simply not good enough. This is a results based league. DD is put in situations where he is supposed to produce. WTF is effort? People sounding like MT in here.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I really liked the way le ptit David played, good for him! We are going to need him for game 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad