David Desharnais - Part VI - Why???!!!! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Not a bad player just MT can't play with his toys properly.

It's like Bou Bou, MB may have to take away MT's toys to actually make any significant change.

If MT could use him without favoring him over better options, it might not be as bad

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Why is he always on his ass after every faceoff

I believe it's how he wins his faceoffs. He plays even lower on faceoffs so that if he falls and manages to win the faceoff, his opponent won't be able to get pass him (I guess)

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
But Eller scored a goal.

I thought you guys would be happy.

:laugh: So defensive. Admit it, you hate it when Eller score and closing the point gap with DD.

We want the team to win. That's why we are mad to see DD despite having the luxury in the world, doesn't bring much as our go-to offensive center. You are satsisfied, you like mediocrity. Good for you

Eller is doing a great job on the third line now Bourque is gone..

It's the same old thing with DD despite playing with Pacioretty, the only player in the world that he apparently has chemistry with. He has all the luxury and basically everything he wants as an offensive center. He needs to contribute a little bit more don't you think?

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011
Don't have anything against DD. But he should be played according to his abilities and form.

Eller has as many equal strength points as DD playing less and harder minutes with less gifted team mates. The powerplay with DD on it is terrible. It makes no sense not to give Eller a decent chance at seeing if he can do better.

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
Stats summarized from the game thread:

-15 games played
-3 games with a goal or primary assist
-8 straight games with NO primary assists or goals despite first line PP time
-1 primary assist to his BFF MaxPac all season. Chemistry overrated.

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011
And now Gallagher has as many ES points as Desharnais, so that's 6 Habs forwards that have as many or more. Including three that can play centre.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Stats summarized from the game thread:

-15 games played
-3 games with a goal or primary assist
-8 straight games with NO primary assists or goals despite first line PP time
-1 primary assist to his BFF MaxPac all season. Chemistry overrated.

pffff... stop being such a hater.

He can't be expected to consistently produce offensively, he tries hard, that should be good enough.

------------

DD fans, did I do it right?

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I'm not a DD fanboy, but we shouldn't start paying primary attention to primary vs secondary assists only because it makes DD look bad. At least have some undertanding of what's going on and some logic that it's not a fluke.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I can't believe this thread that acts like the energizer bunny and keeps on ticking despite the fact it's utterly useless!

Says a lot about us...

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Once Pacioretty starts picking up his feet, DD's points will come. Don't jump the gun guys.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
I sincerely don't enjoying counting this but the last time he scored a goal a 5 on 5 goal for us was 38 games ago.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Don't have anything against DD. But he should be played according to his abilities and form.

Eller has as many equal strength points as DD playing less and harder minutes with less gifted team mates. The powerplay with DD on it is terrible. It makes no sense not to give Eller a decent chance at seeing if he can do better.

The PP with Plekanec and Galcheyuk on it sucks also...same with Subban and Markov. It's a team wide thing, sticking it to one player is dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad