David Desharnais - Black or White Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
He's so tiny, my cat tried to swallow him and choked... Pretty sure he did it on purpose.

Your cat's Azrael?

images

:laugh:

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I lol'd irl.

Sometimes, I really do love you Blou. :laugh:

TBH, I'm glad for Mrb1p and Binne4press (sp?) and some others. I was the one always getting called an anti-DDite. Now I look like a moderate.

How about we discuss the spectrum of DD love/hate?

On one end there's Hawkeye and Partisan, on the other there's thebinne4pres.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
How about we discuss the spectrum of DD love/hate?

On one end there's Hawkeye and Partisan, on the other there's thebinne4pres.
I've been quite critical of DD this year, but the hate is ridiculous. If you want me to go full onto that side, game on. :)

Even games like the other night, when I called him terrible.. from now on, I'll compliment him despite that.

onemorecup*

Kings: Kopitar (6'4") Richards (5'11")
Bruins: Bergeron (6'2") Krejci (6')
Hawks: Toews (6'2") Bolland (6')
Pens: Crosby (5'11') Malkin (6'3")
Wings: Datsyuk (5'11") Filpulla (6')
Ducks: Getzlaf (6'4") Mcdonald (5'10")
Canes: Staal (6'3") Stillman (6')

Those are the top 2 center of every Stanley Cup winners since the 2004-2005 Lockout.

In the end, that is why i will push hard for Galchenyuk or Eller taking DD's spot as fast as possible. Cause i firmly believe that, after 7 years of seeing the same thing, is not a coincidence that Stanley cups winners got big top 6 centers.

Nobody here can put an argument stating that we can win the cup, not with a small center, but with the smallest of them all as a top 6. Although everything is possible (and you can't imagine how i would love to be proven wrong on this....still want the Habs to win in the end) it is more than doubtful, and history showed the complete opposite.

It doens't mean that the Habs can't win the Cup with DD on the top 6, but it surely means that Habs will always be an underdog with him on the top 6. Even at almost the top of our conference, NOBODY described the Habs as a contender....why is that?

I don't wanna see DD traded
I don't even considered buying him out
I don't actually really hate DD

I'm just so tired of the Habs being this small and nice underdog team.
And that start with the small and nice little underdog player we just sign for another 4 years.

bang on buddy thats been my point , no team has won anything with a DD type C on the top 6 , a small finesse , one dimensional player . He is weak defensivley , overated on the PP and is sheltered . I dont care if he is 5`2" or 6`6" , he doesnt fit on a contending team

nice for the regular season , but not to go to war with in the playoffs

no team you just mentioned would even touch DD on thier top 6 , and frankly he wouldnt even be on their rosters , cause he plays no role on the bottom 6

its those Peverly , Stoll, Draper types who play third line and help you win

the other point is this ...there was no need to sign him now

ride out the season , and see what goes in the playoffs

I think he was an RFA , plus AG is ready to take over next season after breaking him in this year slowly . AG will be bigger , stronger , knee fully healed ,and with #1 minutes and pp time , how worse can he be than DD , with his skill set
and the #3 pick in the draft and the best center prospect we had in 20 years

if this was years ago when we had very little past Pleks then you can justify signing him right away

Pleks is the perfect 2 and Eller rounds out the third line and can fill in top 6 when need be .

if some stupid team wants to throw stupid money at him , take the draft picks and move on

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
bang on buddy thats been my point , no team has won anything with a DD type C on the top 6 , a small finesse , one dimensional player . He is weak defensivley , overated on the PP and is sheltered . I dont care if he is 5`2" or 6`6" , he doesnt fit on a contending team

nice for the regular season , but not to go to war with in the playoffs

no team you just mentioned would even touch DD on thier top 6 , and frankly he wouldnt even be on their rosters , cause he plays no role on the bottom 6

its those Peverly , Stoll, Draper types who play third line and help you win

the other point is this ...there was no need to sign him now

ride out the season , and see what goes in the playoffs

I think he was an RFA , plus AG is ready to take over next season after breaking him in this year slowly . AG will be bigger , stronger , knee fully healed ,and with #1 minutes and pp time , how worse can he be than DD , with his skill set
and the #3 pick in the draft and the best center prospect we had in 20 years

if this was years ago when we had very little past Pleks then you can justify signing him right away

Pleks is the perfect 2 and Eller rounds out the third line and can fill in top 6 when need be .

if some stupid team wants to throw stupid money at him , take the draft picks and move on

DD is not ''the problem''.

It's Gionta, Gallagher, Bouillon, Dumont and DD.

We can't have all this in our line up...

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

n

You consider DD to be the third center...

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Long term, DD is moved to the wing or traded, no doubt about it.

A first line of Desharnais and Pacioretty playing the wings, with Galchenyuk playing center, would probably rock... But not yet.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

I agree with that. If MB wants to keep DD around....build the team accordingly.
We already don't got a lot size on the wings, and nothing with size down the pipeline.
Kristo, Collberg, Gallagher, Hudon, Bozon as your top prospect on the wing....try to get some size elsewhere!

And for the love/hate things....i don't hate DD, i'm just not happy with having him on the team, hate is a strong word here!

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010

I'd put Pleks on that list even though he's marginally there and I'd leave Bouillon off of it but I agree there are too many there for my liking. If DD is staying I'd want to move both Gionta and Gallagher and if DD was going I'd keep either Gionta or Gallagher but not both.

DD and Gallagher on one line and Pleks and Gionta on another doesn't work for me at all.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'd put Pleks on that list even though he's marginally there and I'd leave Bouillon off of it but I agree there are too many there for my liking. If DD is staying I'd want to move both Gionta and Gallagher and if DD was going I'd keep either Gionta or Gallagher but not both.

DD and Gallagher on one line and Pleks and Gionta on another doesn't work for me at all.

Trade away Gally ? ARE YOU NUTS&

onemorecup*

You consider DD to be the third center...

not on a contending team

he belongs in Calgary or Columbus , where he can get his 50 points , and thier teams arent good enough to win , but he can play in this league

on a contending team he doesnt fit a role

look at the deals so far , Pitt went for size and grit in Morrow and Murray

to put them over the top , Pitt , Boston, or any other legit contender would never make a move for DD when you already have Malkin , Sid, Krejci , Begeron etc on your roster and legit # 3`s in Peverley , Sutter with size and grit

I dont hate him at all , its all about fit and Glachy , Pleks , and Eller are better

Ginu

Feb 25, 2009
www.twitter.com
As a center? Why would a standard of poor faceoff ability be a center then? Eller is a good player but FO isn't his strength either.

Eller is 48.8% on faceoffs this year: http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/4252

Gally will be a center long term.

But do you really want to see a 20 year old Galchenyuk in a 2-way role against the best opposition? Or see Desharnais in that role?

We aren't going to have two all offense scoring lines.

Of course this brings the other question we already discussed, can Desharnais play on the wings?

Umm Desharnais isn't a two-way center and doesn't face the best opposition. He faces the weakest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad