David Desharnais - Another New Thread Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
So let's bring a fresh view on things....so....how about we use a whole thread to say why we LOVE DD on a top 6 role as a C? :sarcasm:

He'd indeed be a good backup option (Hahhaha look what you've done Whitesnake!)

SAKS AVENUE

Oct 12, 2008
And tends to lead to much divisibility...

Well, he is an inspiration to all small hockey players. I'm 5'10 and 150lbs. I've always admired anyone small in the NHL that has had a decent career because I know what it's like to skate into a corner and have a 6'4" 210lb dude come in after you at full speed. You got to fight, swerve, duck, move, cut, pinch, slip, slide, and think ****ing fast. Once you come out alive you got to make a play worth another shift.
DD is a strong talented man and has a lot of courage and talent. He's done well, above and beyond what Therrien has asked him to do, but we need more as a 1st line center and that is not his fault at all.
Great ****ing hockey player for his size!

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Well, he is an inspiration to all small hockey players. I'm 5'10 and 150lbs. I've always admired anyone small in the NHL that has had a decent career because I know what it's like to skate into a corner and have a 6'4" 210lb dude come in after you at full speed. You got to fight, swerve, duck, move, cut, pinch, slip, slide, and think ****ing fast. Once you come out alive you got to make a play worth another shift.
DD is a strong talented man and has a lot of courage and talent. He's done well, above and beyond what Therrien has asked him to do, but we need more as a 1st line center and that is not his fault at all.

I don't know what to say other than good post and I'm pleased an athlete of DD's stature inspires you.
The one thing I won't agree on is the great hockey player for his size bit. That would be a Denis Savard or a Marcel Dionne or a Tyler Johnson in todays league.

For me this player lost his spot the minute MT had to break up EGG in an attempt to save his season. That move is the basis for all the controversy that swirls around DD.
Management blundered with their DD Uber Alles approach. Max should have joined Plecky, and DD waived back to Hamilton. Had this occured we would have a better idea today of AG27's 1C-2C capability as well as Eller's potential upside. Instead the only thing we are certain of is we have a player who has trouble filling a purely exploitational role and who clearly isn't effective in the post season.
One who once inserted into our lineup actually hampers our maneuverability with regards to our line combinations. How much did contract and media have to play in all this I can't say but for me it was the most pivotal moment of MB's tenure to date.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

He has made the NHL beyond tough odds, good for him. Really, it's impressive and good on him.

That said, you're seriously overdoing it. Above and Beyond?? Great ****ing player???
Please man. MSL is a great player. If you want a lower tier, Cammalleri and Gionta were great players in their prime.

DD is not a great player. Jesus Christ man, this board is going mental.

Nynja*

He has made the NHL beyond tough odds, good for him. Really, it's impressive and good on him.

That said, you're seriously overdoing it. Above and Beyond?? Great ****ing player???
Please man. MSL is a great player. If you want a lower tier, Cammalleri and Gionta were great players in their prime.

Pavel Bure 5'10
Theo Fleury 5'6
Briere 5'9
Marc Savard 5'10
Brad ******* Marchand 5'9
Brendan Gallagher 5'9
Rod Gilbert 5'9, and he didnt play in this "open ice" area
Yvan Cournoyer 5'7
Marcel Dionne 5'8

All of these players are much much MUCH better than Davey, even Marchand.

SAKS AVENUE

Oct 12, 2008

Didn't mean to make it sound like I wanted to be buried in a DD jersey when I die. Just stating any small player like DD who carves out a career in the NHL deserves some kind words. That's all. Nothing much else to it. He's got what it takes to play in the NHL. I'm not comparing him to anybody. Just giving credit where credit is due.
Habs brass still need too figure out not relying on him so much, but it's the same with Pleks...... Great ****in hockey player but we are not winning a cup with him on the first line. But again give credit where credit is due ..... He's still a great hockey player.
If you play in the NHL for an extended amount of time you are a great hockey player. Let's just leave it at that.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Didn't mean to make it sound like I wanted to be buried in a DD jersey when I die. Just stating any small player like DD who carves out a career in the NHL deserves some kind words. That's all. Nothing much else to it. He's got what it takes to play in the NHL. I'm not comparing him to anybody. Just giving credit where credit is due.
Habs brass still need too figure out not relying on him so much, but it's the same with Pleks...... Great ****in hockey player but we are not winning a cup with him on the first line. But again give credit where credit is due ..... He's still a great hockey player.
If you play in the NHL for an extended amount of time you are a great hockey player. Let's just leave it at that.

Well yes, any professional that reaches professional level deserves credit and recognition. We can agree on that.
Doesn't mean he's a great player compared to his peers.

SAKS AVENUE

Oct 12, 2008
Well yes, any professional that reaches professional level deserves credit and recognition. We can agree on that.
Doesn't mean he's a great player compared to his peers.

Any player who carves out a career in the NHL is doing good.!!!!
**** on him all you want, he's still a good player playing 1C on the Montreal Canadiens 2015. I don't care what you guys think of him, and I don't care if he is around this coming season. He is still a guy playing center on a team that is successful. I don't care what "bobby Mac" thinks and I don't care what most posters here think. I'm not even a DD fan. The Habs need a bigger , better center for sure, but the kid has done well for himself, he and his family should be proud , and I'm sure they are.

Nynja*

**** on him all you want, he's still a good player playing 1C on the Montreal Canadiens 2015. I don't care what you guys think of him, and I don't care if he is around this coming season. He is still a guy playing center on a team that is successful. I don't care what "bobby Mac" thinks and I don't care what most posters here think. I'm not even a DD fan. The Habs need a bigger , better center for sure, but the kid has done well for himself, he and his family should be proud , and I'm sure they are.

Dont remind us
Please, for the love of god, dont remind us.

Some of us still have hope that come October, Davey wont be the #1C.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

...so because he's a great hometown story he should be playing a Top 6 centre role that easily should be given to better players much more suited for the role??...the "Feel Good Story" board is down the hall...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad