David Clarkson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler Biggs*

Can't wait to see him in the lineup.

10 games WAS a little much for a crummy exhibition game....but I'm looking forward to him adding even more depth and grit.

Hopefully he'll park himself in front of the net. He's a skater AND he can fight.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
He has added grit to the press box.
Hard to discuss a player we haven't seen play yet.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
He's been invisible through the first 4 games. I think he will pick it up around game 11 though

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
He's practicing for sure. He said several times that he'll push his teammates in practice. Travel, I'd guess he could, but I don't see him doing so until closer to his return date?

Frelimo

Jul 6, 2012
Toronto
Hes chomping at the bit, im sure.

Side note; Can he travel and practice with the team while suspended?

He traveled with the team on that opening 2 game road trip. He continues to practice with team from what I understand, but I doubt he'll be going on these 1 game road trips. That first one was probably for bonding purposes.

leafstilldeath*

Hes chomping at the bit, im sure.

Side note; Can he travel and practice with the team while suspended?

From one of the Carlyle interviews I recall him saying that Clarkson would accompany the team to begin the season. So I guess he traveled with the team but not sure about practice as we do not hear about him being on ice or anything

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
From one of the Carlyle interviews I recall him saying that Clarkson would accompany the team to begin the season. So I guess he traveled with the team but not sure about practice as we do not hear about him being on ice or anything

Yes we do, you're just not listening to the right people.

Lance Hornby tweeted today that Clarkson is always at the front of every huddle called by Carlyle in practice.

Clarkson himself has been saying his focus is to push guys in practice and keep up their intensity to help them get ready and focused for games.

leafstilldeath*

Yes we do, you're just not listening to the right people.

Lance Hornby tweeted today that Clarkson is always at the front of every huddle called by Carlyle in practice.

Clarkson himself has been saying his focus is to push guys in practice and keep up their intensity to help them get ready and focused for games.

As long as Clarkson he protecting Phil from hurting himself in practice its alright! ;)

Can't wait till Clarkson debuts. Wanna see him piss of opposition lol

Maccer

Bring back Pat!!
Mar 10, 2013
Leafs Nation
Thoughts so far? I realize he's on a new team and still trying to fit it but man I hope we start to see some more from him soon. Don't want to come off as a negative person because I'm not and usually really like what guys like Clarkson bring.

McGuiresMonsters

Oct 31, 2011
Toronto
Well I think he's been useless so far, but I'm admittedly biased. I would say he's been invisible, but he skates like a ****ing weirdo, so I notice him every time he's on the ice. I just don't see any skill in his game. In my harsh assessment he's Colton Orr plus. I'm going to be yelling "WHY THE **** IS CLARKSON..." plenty over the next 7 years if things don't change.

Mimico

Good Ol' Mimico Boy
Aug 25, 2013
Tarana, Ontario
He's been decent IMO. Finishing his checks, getting pucks on net and battling hard along the boards. Just a matter of time before the puck starts going in.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Well I think he's been useless so far, but I'm admittedly biased. I would say he's been invisible, but he skates like a ****ing weirdo, so I notice him every time he's on the ice. I just don't see any skill in his game. In my harsh assessment he's Colton Orr plus. I'm going to be yelling "WHY THE **** IS CLARKSON..." plenty over the next 7 years if things don't change.

Yes you are biased lol. He works hard every shift whether or not it leads to something, so yes, he's been noticeable.

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
Gotta love hfboards after leaf losses.

I like Colby Armstrong, and they both bring similar intagibles.

Similar Career numbers with one great year, both gritty in your face players, both finish checks, great character guys.

edit: okay, i forgot ... one is not a wendel clark fan and isn't appointed the next Wendel.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I like the fact that we added him but so far the best thing about his game is the way he talks about it in interviews. He's decent but not as much of a pest as you'd like, not as big a physical presence, and he's totally out of sync offensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad