David Clarkson v. Troy Bodie

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Bodie causes havoc on the forecheck, forces turnovers consistently, and while unskilled keeps it smart and simple when he has the puck.

Yup, actually gets hard shots on nets that generate rebounds. Clarkson will just try to skate around the net with the puck, or just hold it behind the net for 30 seconds generating in no shot. Or try his amazing toe drag that just gets deflected or is extremely weak and right into the chest of the goalie.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
If we take say 1.5 million in salary back, is there ANY way we could ship him to a team like Edmonton?

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
The answer is yes.

They traded Hemsky to make room for him , it will happen at the draft.

Remember how everyone hated Nonnis for keeping Liles? Same deal again.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I made an error in our records with and without. One game I had marked down as us winning, that was a loss with him in the lineup. Corrected now.

19-17-7 with
15-6-1 without

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011
I made an error in our records with and without. One game I had marked down as us winning, that was a loss with him in the lineup. Corrected now.

19-17-7 with
15-6-1 without
Red Wings record with and without Datsyuk:

Without: 15-7-3

With: 14-14-10

ForSpareParts*

My point with this thread was not just the player comp, and definitely not tonsay that bodie is anything more than a borderline 4th liner - but more to demonstrate that clarkson's play so far isn't even worthy of a roster spot.

This is a run-on sentence. Your message is lost.

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
Bodie had a better game last night then Clarkson has had all season. That's pretty sad.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
If you've seen me posting around here for awhile, you may have noticed that I'm generally pretty forgiving to players when they struggle. I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt, recognize that a situation isn't playing to their strengths, assuming an adjustment period, or blaming management for not assessing a players' talents accurately and putting them in a position that's over their head, and I have more patience than most.

But this Clarkson guy... just... **** that guy.

Do something. Anything. I don't care if he doesn't even score 10 goals, as long as he does SOMETHING.

This guy better get his **** together before the playoffs or we need to look at other options, even if it's Broll or Ashton.

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
That's impossible and you're probably not a leafs fan (you don't watch many games).

Huh? I'm a huge Leaf fan and watch as many games as I can.

Bodie was strong on the puck, a puckhound on the forecheck, consistently mixing things up around the crease and even created a couple scoring chances (being right on the doorstep for Raymonds goal too).

Best of all he played within his limits, keeping his game simple, smart and not trying to do much. His whole line benefited as a result from his hustle.

You do realize Bodie has 1 less point in 13 less games right? It would be "impossible" for Bodie to outplay Phil but let's not pretend Clarkson is on this whole other level.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Red Wings record with and without Datsyuk:

Without: 15-7-3

With: 14-14-10

Clearly there is a deal to be made here. Datsyuk for Clarkson straight up. Both players are holding their team back and perhaps a change in scenery is what is in order for both players.:sarcasm:

ForSpareParts*

Huh? I'm a huge Leaf fan and watch as many games as I can.

Bodie was strong on the puck, a puckhound on the forecheck, consistently mixing things up around the crease and even created a couple scoring chances (being right on the doorstep for Raymonds goal too).

Best of all he played within his limits, keeping his game simple, smart and not trying to do much. His whole line benefited as a result from his hustle.

You do realize Bodie has 1 less point in 13 less games right? It would be "impossible" for Bodie to outplay Phil but let's not pretend Clarkson is on this whole other level.

Stats... Good to know!

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
Stats... Good to know!

I'm sorry, youre going to have to elaborate a bit more on what Clarkson offers that Bodie doesn't because your case so for is non existent.

This is a Bodie vs Clarkson thread after all.

ForSpareParts*

It's physically impossible to do more in one game than a player does in a season. So ground yourself a little please.

I can make gross opinionated statements based on impossible to measure things too:

-Bolland's injury did more for our assistant coach's blood pressure in one week than it did in all of the pre-season when he was healthy.

-Kadri's shoes did more for team morale than Gilmour's OT winner vs St. Louis.

-Wade Belak's suicide did more for the leafs in one season based on inspiration to KGM line than Toskala did in one game as a Sam Jose Shark.

Ridiculous!

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
It's far closer to the norm than his outlier. His normal pace is 14 goals and 28 points over 82 GP (excluding the outlier).

I remember Detroit had a rule that no one got rewarded more than Nik Lidstrom, talent for the ages. Somehow we gave this guy the longest contract in our near 100 year history (to that point in time). Boggles the mind.

Was thinking about this. But instead of length I was thinking about it in money committed. The only player who I believe had signed a contract worth more money over the length of it at the time was Sundin (signed a 6 year 52.5m contract starting in 2001 in which he ultimately got about 39m from due to the lockout and salary rollback).

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
The main difference between the two is that Bodie has an on ice presence. The only on ice presence Clarkson has is when he is literally on the ice, helping out the zamboni driver.

It's so adorable how we still have people defending Clarkson. He's terrible. There is no redeeming quality. It's absolutely amazing. I remember when I was 12 and defended my favorite players no matter what. Thankfully I'm more mature now and don't have such a fragile ego.

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
In Bodie's single game against the Flyers on Saturday, he contributed more to the Leafs than any single game Clarkson has played all year.

If you'd like any clarification on my posts in the future, don't hesitate to ask.

ForSpareParts*

In Bodie's single game against the Flyers on Saturday, he contributed more to the Leafs than any single game Clarkson has played all year.

If you'd like any clarification on my posts in the future, don't hesitate to ask.

Bodie's assist vs. The Flyers did more for the leafs getting into the playoffs than Kadri did in one beard.

ForSpareParts*

That was from the GDT, you're that bored?

LEAVE DAVID ALONE!!!!

:laugh:. He sucks, but he had a good game. Maybe he turns it around... :laugh:?

Yep. I quoted you dude. I had to show someone in this thread that real human beings can see the brighter side of David Clarkson.

Leafstreak

Nov 26, 2013
Clarkson looks weaker on the board battles than Lupul and Bozak. Did Nonis even do any scouting prior to signing this guy?!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad