Dave Tippett appreciation thread

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
That middle paragraph was a real thing?

Oh my goodness. If you were on the forums at the time there was a huge contingent of TGO worshippers (not Coyotes fans) who thought TGO was being wrongly blamed for the Yotes failures since no other head coach could possibly win with that roster. Imagine the might of Canada coming out to defend the national hero TGO.

Was so happy to see Tippett be so clearly better then TGO as a head coach and quickly end that debate.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Oh my goodness. If you were on the forums at the time there was a huge contingent of TGO worshippers (not Coyotes fans) who thought TGO was being wrongly blamed for the Yotes failures since no other head coach could possibly win with that roster. Imagine the might of Canada coming out to defend the national hero TGO.

Was so happy to see Tippett be so clearly better then TGO as a head coach and quickly end that debate.

On opening night under Tippett, anybody could see a striking difference in their breakout passes, zone entries, and defensive positioning with close to the same roster as the previous season.

Time to move on, though.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

Wow, incredible.

I mean, we had a faction of Tippett deniers, is it so hard to believe?
Yes it is lol. Tippett at least had good years, Gretzky.......... Didn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad