Dave Maloney

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
Every time Dave is featured or on-screen, you can feel the charisma, enthusiasm, and passion he has for the game and for this franchise. I wish MSG used him more often, especially considering he's getting up there in age and may not have this unique energy much longer.

I was just wondering if others felt this way about Dave's contributions to the broadcast and his genuine commitment to making the experience fun for the viewer.

It's the closest we've had to that whimsical aura since JD. He should be the main analyst over Joe, quite frankly.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Dave is amazing but he has a habit of speaking the truth occasionally which is dangerous at MSG. Much easier to use a shill like Micheleti.
I gotta say, having lived in the NY, LA, and DC sports markets, MSG is not particularly bad in that respect. Basically none of the networks, particularly those directly affiliated with the teams, employ people who are openly critical of the franchise. I actually think Joe does a reasonable job within the confines of his role--he'll say it when the team needs to skate harder or be more physical or play with more urgency.

I know it's a bit of an extreme example but the Orioles in baseball suspended their PBP guy after he literally just read a graphic that was shown on screen that illustrated how the team had been very bad against Seattle or someone the past couple years. They suspended him for reading their own graphic. It's crazy how sensitive some places are. MSG isn't really bad in experience.

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
I was about to call my old man and tell him Dave died when i saw this thread title

• Haha
Reactions: tlk

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
"You know they are going to come, and they are going to come hard"

Always liked Dave, although there are moments when the marbles show up in his mouth

• Haha
Reactions: trilobyte

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
i enjoys Dave on TV, more than most of the talkers ...
I'm quite glad he came back to Rangers hockey,

but to me, he'll always be the young Captain, # 26

the #26 I think of first (sorry Joey & jimmy

1699027399289.png

1699027590601.png

OrlandK

Oct 18, 2017
Westchester NY
Irony is that the radio guys, Kenny and Dave, are better than Sam and Joe. Sam was great in his day and is still entertaining enough but Kenny may be the best hockey play by play announcer there is. And Joe may be a bit of a shill, but he does a great job following the action on ice, especially since Sam misses a lot these days. But Dave is a better listen than Joe, especially for the hard-core fans.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Joe getting some hate here but I think he's pretty decent. He's not a giant homer like most other teams announcers. If you try listening to other teams feeds once in a while (I had to do this all the time when i lived overseas), you literally don't know they're playing another team half the time.

Edit: I also thought he died and was sick for a sec

Reactions: Captain Monglobster

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Joe getting some hate here but I think he's pretty decent. He's not a giant homer like most other teams announcers. If you try listening to other teams feeds once in a while (I had to do this all the time when i lived overseas), you literally don't know they're playing another team half the time.

Edit: I also thought he died and was sick for a sec

Ya, tons of homers that will casually accuse the refs of being biased and corrupt. Teams like Devils and Sabres constantly try to indoctrinate their fans into cultish they are against us, we must love our team more rhetoric and to explain away lack of success.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad