Dave Bolland could be more than just checker for Leafs

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
How can anybody who saw Dougie play not get the reference? Look at the way Bolland sneaks in behind the play and finds the open spot at just the right time and makes the play.
Classic classic Dougie.
No, I'm not moranic enough to compare him to Dougie, just saying, striking similarity in these plays, I know exactly what Cherry was saying.

Last edited:

Yosho

Logic
Mar 30, 2010
Kitchener, ON
The biggest similarity is the way they both celebrate goals. Two raised arms, nothing fancy. The way every goal should be celebrated.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Mirtle is a moran. lol

tea+klux+klan_misspelled+sign.jpg

BTW. I know it's moron. He's that too!

What's moronic about it? Cherry made the comparison and Mirtle reported it with some background on Bolland.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Meh, it's a ridiculous comparison, obviously. That said, I couldn't believe that feed from Bolland, it was amazing. I'm really excited about watching him and really hope the Leafs can lock him up to a reasonable contract. But seeing what Clarkson got, I'm extremely worried it may be a ridiculous contract if they do.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
While Bolland is no Dougie, there is no doubt the Lupul - Bolland - Raymond trio when together has been Leafs most effective.

I expect Carlyle to continue to increase Bollands ice time and opportunity to reward his play.

EtoDemerzel

Aug 4, 2009
Toronto
relax, it was mostly about appearance, which, you cannot say he does not resemble dougie, same size, sort of the same number. Errbody's so god damn serious about **** like this.

Well he also resembles Jesse Pinkman, but it doesn't mean he cooks meth on the side. :naughty:

breaking-bad_-s05e07-proper-720p-hdtv_-x264-evolve-mkv_snapshot_07-58_2012-08-30_06-34-46.jpg

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Funny that Nonis was being laughed at when he said that they thought Bolland had more offense in his game than what people saw.

Seems like it's working well so far, albeit a very short sample size.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
I will say that I wouldn't be surprised to see Bolland at least experimented with on the top line with Kessel and JVR

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Career wise he looks like Bozak lite. He had one Bozie type year but failed to repeat after the big contract. He has had lots of opportunity beside Kane, and if he had produced better he would still be there. If you think that an upside of Bozak without the face-off ability should be a top 6 regular than yes he has better than third line potential, but he was almost Grabovski bad last year while playing with Kane rather than McClement. I like the guy and I like his start but he will sink or swim in the bottom 6.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Career wise he looks like Bozak lite. He had one Bozie type year but failed to repeat after the big contract. He has had lots of opportunity beside Kane, and if he had produced better he would still be there. If you think that an upside of Bozak without the face-off ability should be a top 6 regular than yes he has better than third line potential, but he was almost Grabovski bad last year while playing with Kane rather than McClement. I like the guy and I like his start but he will sink or swim in the bottom 6.

Not sure I agree here.

Bolland had injury problems last year that hampered his play a lot. That's what caused him to play badly last year, unlike Grabovski who lost his spot to competition. His overall impact outside production is much bigger than Bozak though.

With that said, I don't think people should get too excited as of yet. Talking about moving him up should only be in case of need. Until then we should be happy about having a shutdown line with the potential to have a real, solid impact on any game.

Tyler Biggs*

Loved Bolland's play the other night. Going to have a great season if he continues playing like that.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
I got a great idea. We compare EVERY player to Dougie and maybe then all of this non sense will stop?

leafstilldeath*

JVR-Kadri-Kessel
Lupul-Bolland-Raymond
Kulimein-McClement-Clarkson

Make it happen Carlyle!

Tyler Biggs*

Bolland for 2 2nds and a 4th might be the best trade of this year with Bernier up there as well. David Bolland is turning into one of my favourite Leafs with each passing game.

Tyler Biggs*

Bolland is a beast!

He is one of those guys that does all the right things, but yet flies below the radar. It was a great pick up by the Leafs and will hopefully help out all the young guys and get us a bit deeper into the playoffs. Still happy with Bolland, Clarkson and Bernier, 3 great pick ups!

He does all the little things that makes the whole team better.

MapleLeaf4ever

Feb 9, 2013
GTA

Bollands also a guy that can go out there and shut-down the opposing teams top line. Don't compare him to the human pinball that is Mikhail Grabovski, he has much more hockey sense than him.

tooncesmeow

May 3, 2013
Melbourne, FL

Bozak average about 3 minutes more then Bolland, and Bolland didn't play that much with Kane, he played most of his time with Hossa/Bickell/Brunette. While that's not bad company, it's not what Bozak's had in terms of weapons. They're comparable but Bolland is better defensively then Bozak. They're very similar but I'd give Bolland the edge just for being able to produce more with less. Bozak hasn't really been put on a with no first line talent so theres no real gauge to see how good/bad he really is.

Drugstorecowboi

May 5, 2009
lol @ number 63 being a homage to Dougie's 93. Bolland wore 36 in Chicago and since Gunnarsson wears 36 here he simply flipped the numbers around to 63. Man I really hate Toronto's sports media. It's almost as bad as Vancouver's sports media

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad