Datsyuk signs 2 yr $3.9 mill per year with SKA

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
When has Datsyuk ever said he was leaving because of injuries?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
He will still be quite a distance from where his daughter lives and won't be seeing her daily. He doesn't even spend the whole summer with her when he had the opportunity. It was never about his daughter. It was about playing hockey in Russia.

It was both. Still playing hockey with less game wear and travelling to fit better for his old body. Just reasonable things. No conspiracy theories.

Datsyuk was divorced from his 1st wife years ago and this daughter living in Russia lives with his mom.

Since the divorce, Datsyuk already has new wife/girlfriend, and another child with her. They can't live together with all kids.

So being at Russia, he can see more of his daughter from first marriage, but still can't live together with this daughter.

People have to understand these no-brainer things and stop accusing Datsyuk about this and that. He gave us all, he would have gone sooner or later. Guy was already 38 years old.

Just get over it.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
In what world is Datsyuk 30 hours away from his daughter? Do they not have aeroplanes in Russia?

He retired. We don't have his contract. Who cares?

PuckDynasty

May 3, 2014
It was both. Still playing hockey with less game wear and travelling to fit better for his old body. Just reasonable things. No conspiracy theories.

Datsyuk was divorced from his 1st wife years ago and this daughter living in Russia lives with his mom.

Since the divorce, Datsyuk already has new wife/girlfriend, and another child with her. They can't live together with all kids.

So being at Russia, he can see more of his daughter from first marriage, but still can't live together with this daughter.

People have to understand these no-brainer things and stop accusing Datsyuk about this and that. He gave us all, he would have gone sooner or later. Guy was already 38 years old.

Just get over it.

Wow, you sure know a lot about his personal life. You know exactly how much time he's going to spend with his daughter? Your speculation is better than everyone else's speculation because ??? Seems like Pavel has issues with honoring commitments.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
In what world is Datsyuk 30 hours away from his daughter? Do they not have aeroplanes in Russia?

He retired. We don't have his contract. Who cares?

They have planes, sure, but he prefers sled dog. He's a real romantic that way.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Maybe I'm a heartless ******* but I dont really care for all this family issue stuffs. I certainly feel bad for Pavel but there are a lot of pro players who experience problems at home. I dont care to read up on Pavel's family situation nor have any interest in it. My interest lies in players performance and their execution level, not gossiping.

Anyways, Datsyuk has my blessing to play in Russia and for Russia. I will certainly remember him as one of the best player in Wings uniform. Was bit disappointed when the news came out but I think I got around pretty quick. Fact that Holland made brilliant move certainly made it a lot easier.

Datsyuk certainly has a career to be proud of. He came to Detroit as a pretty much nobody, and had been constantly criticized that he will never be an elite player. He went against the odds and, in the end, he is going out as a winner and a NHL legend. One of the best Russian player in history. Still wish he was playing for Wings next season. Nielson has a lot to live up to.

Good luck in Russia.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Maybe I'm a heartless ******* but I dont really care for all this family issue stuffs. I certainly feel bad for Pavel but there are a lot of pro players who experience problems at home. I dont care to read up on Pavel's family situation nor have any interest in it. My interest lies in players performance and their execution level, not gossiping.

Anyways, Datsyuk has my blessing to play in Russia and for Russia. I will certainly remember him as one of the best player in Wings uniform. Was bit disappointed when the news came out but I think I got around pretty quick. Fact that Holland made brilliant move certainly made it a lot easier.

Datsyuk certainly has a career to be proud of. He came to Detroit as a pretty much nobody, and had been constantly criticized that he will never be an elite player. He went against the odds and, in the end, he is going out as a winner and a NHL legend. One of the best Russian player in history. Still wish he was playing for Wings next season. Nielson has a lot to live up to.

Good luck in Russia.

I do not like the way he leaves.

But for the last 13 years he has been the most exciting player in the world.
Lidstrom, Yzerman, Fedorov, Zetterberg ... mifgt be better, but Datsyuk was without the question the most exciting of them all.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Of course family is all that matters, especially if you are financially set like Datsyuk. He has become a legend in Detroit. But couldn't he really not foresee his familiar situation when he signed the extension two years ago at all?

Gruß,
BSHH

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
If he was breaking contract when we were in contender neighborhood that is one thing. Given the state of this team I am glad he walked and I am sure, so is he. The team had no shot at contention for the remainder of his contract or pro career. Don't blame the guy 1 single bit. He doesn't need a family excuse, if he simply didn't want to play another year on a first round exit or worse team I fully support that.

I guess the only thing I blame him for is he gave Holland an opportunity to trade down in the draft. Screw you Daytsuk! lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad