Injury Report: Datsyuk out with concussion symptoms (Skating Wednesday, Post 160)

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
i'd have brain damage too if I had to play with Cleary

seriously though ouch

ScottyBowman

Mar 10, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
Ottawa basically beat us up and we have nobody that can answer. The only physical forward we have gets sent to Grand Rapids because Holland and Babcock want to force possession hockey down our throat with a team that is soft and has rapidly declining skills.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
but but but I thought it was a dive?

This is terrible news, but the people calling Pav a diver and saying Cowen barely touched him must feel Pejorative Slured now.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Ottawa basically beat us up and we have nobody that can answer. The only physical forward we have gets sent to Grand Rapids because Holland and Babcock want to force possession hockey down our throat with a team that is soft and has rapidly declining skills.

Without sending down Tootoo, you don't get Nyquist on the roster.

Give and take.

Not to mention Tootoo is one player who plays few minutes a night. If you don't want to get "beaten up" then you have to sign more hard-nosed players up and down the lineup.

ScottyBowman

Mar 10, 2003
Detroit
Visit site

Give and take.

Not to mention Tootoo is one player who plays few minutes a night. If you don't want to get "beaten up" then you have to sign more hard-nosed players up and down the lineup.

We still have a lot of dead weight we can waive that nobody will claim.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Bert-Z-Mule
Alfie-Weiss-Nyquist
Gator-Helm-Tatar

Like SimplySolace pointed out Bert is out for tomorrow, but other than that I do not like the foot speed of that first line. Working with what they have I'd like to see:

Nyquist-Z-Mule
Tatar-Weiss-Alfie
Miller-Helm-Abby
Cleary-Andy-Sammy

4th line sucks but I don't see any way to spread out the talent without spreading it too thin without Pavel in the lineup

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
Like SimplySolace pointed out Bert is out for tomorrow, but other than that I do not like the foot speed of that first line. Working with what they have I'd like to see:

Mule-Z-Nyquist
Alfie-Weiss-Tatar
Miller-Helm-Abby
Cleary-Andy-Sammy

4th line sucks but I don't see any way to spread out the talent without spreading it too thin without Pavel in the lineup

Does the 4th line ever not suck? :shakehead

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit

Give and take.

Which is why Holland should start at buying out Franzen and signing Dustin Penner, assuming he doesn't like it in Anaheim. That's for another thread though.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids

Nyquist-Z-Mule
Tatar-Weiss-Alfie
Miller-Helm-Abby
Cleary-Andy-Sammy

Ugh. That whole bottom 6 is lackluster. And that's being kind.

You're right, though- there's a limit to how much talent you can spread out on this team given the roster. Pavel being out would be a hell of a lot easier to manage if Weiss was up to speed w/ the Wings' system and playing well at C.

Just hoping this is a short-term issue for Pavel and he doesn't miss more than 1 or 2 games. I've been thinking all along that losing Pavel or Hank for a large stretch of games would kill this team... rather not find out if I'm right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad