News Article: Daryl Sydor arrested for drunken driving.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
And Russo only said that after he realized that he might have caused some trouble for Parise and Suter.

Given the comments he made this past summer, I would agree so.

Also, the clock is ticking. Is Sydor going to behind the bench in a few days?

Wild33

Mar 27, 2009
I thought I remember Russo reporting after the incident that he wouldn't be out of treatment by the time training camp opened. Will try and find the article/blog.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I think it's worth noting. Sydor is in the yearly media guide.

I give up.
enVYX6j.gif

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Gotta hand it to the Wild, they distracted everyone from this story and buried it.

Might be more so that Minnesota is just apathetic and they don't think we care enough.

I've had enough.

I'm cancelling my season tickets. ..........that i never had

I'm not buying a Stadium series jersey ...............wasn't going to anyways

Enough is enough. ............but seriously, its disappointing.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
Coach Sydor is back in the Twin Cities after completing his treatment tenure.

According to the STrib, he is still on official leave however.

Wishing him the best on his sobriety journey, taking it 1 day at a time.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I like how the Wild are handling this. Let Daryl get through his treatment and rehabilitation programs and then figure out what to do at the end. He's complying with all the court requests and is doing everything that he should be doing. Hoping he recovers fully and I would not mind to see him behind the bench again.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Personally if the organization is going to keep him around I'd prefer they kick him upstairs and go after Oates for power play coach. I mean look at how much good he did just with the short amount of time he spent with Parise and co.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I like how the Wild are handling this. Let Daryl get through his treatment and rehabilitation programs and then figure out what to do at the end. He's complying with all the court requests and is doing everything that he should be doing. Hoping he recovers fully and I would not mind to see him behind the bench again.

I'd hope they relieve him of his coaching duties for a while and put him somewhere in the organization and bury him for a while. He went through rehab once before, what's going to change this time? Just because it's public?

Personally if the organization is going to keep him around I'd prefer they kick him upstairs and go after Oates for power play coach. I mean look at how much good he did just with the short amount of time he spent with Parise and co.

Absolutely not. Bringing in Oates would be moronic for this organization that already has whispers of a schism between Parise/Suter and Yeo. Hiring Oates will hint that Parise and Suter have more power Yeo.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
15 day sentence and pled guilty. So he's officially sentenced and guilty as charged. Now time to see what they do.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
he had better at least have a breath test before he can start his car FOR THE NEXT 4 YEARS! he deserved a heck of alot more than that for being 4 times the limit.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Agreed. The sentence should have been much heavier and resulted in vastly reduced driving privileges.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
he had better at least have a breath test before he can start his car FOR THE NEXT 4 YEARS! he deserved a heck of alot more than that for being 4 times the limit.

I would hope this was the caveat for getting less time. Ignition interlock for a loooooong time.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
If you just want to punish him, sure, throw him in prison with violent criminals. Sadistic in my opinion.

If you actually want him to be a better human being, be a better father, be a better person, and contribute to society, it makes a lot more sense to send him through treatment and have him tested for alcohol use randomly for the next four years.

I don't know about his driving privileges as they weren't stated in the article.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad