Darren Pang?

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
I watch on Gamecenter so I get to choose what feed I watch and I always go for the CBC/TSN one if Pang is working for NBC. Yeah he seems like a real nice guy and all but he's annoying. And "Holy Jumping" is such a terrible catch phrase. Pierre Mcguire is also terrible, but at least he's fascinating in his awfulness.

takk

Feb 19, 2013
Warszawa
One good thing about not going to finals is Doc Emrick :sarcasm: I used to like him, but now I can't stand his screeching anymore.

thom

Mar 6, 2012
One thing about Brian Englom he was good and he was part of stanley cup winners.He knows his stuff inside and out

Ron*

One good thing about not going to finals is Doc Emrick :sarcasm: I used to like him, but now I can't stand his screeching anymore.

There is nothing good about not going to the Finals.

Are you throwing in the towel already?

fyrescorp

Apr 19, 2006
Didn't he at one point say something like "Kompon is a brilliant tactician on the power play!" And then on the ensuring power play, Chicago tried the exact same play several times, from each side of the net, and was stopped each time. One of the other commentators even mentioned it, saying something like "They keep trying that same play, but it's not working."

I rolled my eyes at the first one, and laughed out loud at the second.

When I heard him say that I had to laugh out loud. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

LarmerSavardSecord

Jun 12, 2010
Wicker Park
Didn't he at one point say something like "Kompon is a brilliant tactician on the power play!" And then on the ensuring power play, Chicago tried the exact same play several times, from each side of the net, and was stopped each time. One of the other commentators even mentioned it, saying something like "They keep trying that same play, but it's not working."

I rolled my eyes at the first one, and laughed out loud at the second.

We Hawks fans laughed out loud at the first, sighed at the second one.

Panger's a solid local color man and an affable, enthusiastic guy, but is above his rank in the national conference finals. Too hyper, lacks gravitas. NBC just doesn't have a good stable of hockey announcers.

As for bias from a Hawk fan standpoint, he's the huge-homer color man for the hated Blues, so we are used to hearing him give the Hawks team a hard time. But I think he's been fine in that area in the national broadcasts.

agentfouser

Playoffs?!?!
Nov 30, 2003
Los Angeles
We Hawks fans laughed out loud at the first, sighed at the second one.

Panger's a solid local color man and an affable, enthusiastic guy, but is above his rank in the national conference finals. Too hyper, lacks gravitas. NBC just doesn't have a good stable of hockey announcers.

As for bias from a Hawk fan standpoint, he's the huge-homer color man for the hated Blues, so we are used to hearing him give the Hawks team a hard time. But I think he's been fine in that area in the national broadcasts.
Totally agree on the bias. I don't see much of it at all toward either the Hawks or the Kings.

And yeah, Pang is an okay commentator, but it really does highlight the extent to which NBC has a very thin lineup of guys to call hockey. They need to get serious about the play-by-play and color guys, and, call me oldschool, but I'd like to see them look to people trained on the radio. Natural radio commentators have much better command over the language, since they had to learn to use it. And I don't mean the ridiculous array of unsuitable synonyms and awkward analogies that their usual play-by-play guy uses (his name escapes me).

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
I'd just like to point out how either blind or stupid he is for saying Green cross checked Shaw or whoever that **** was in the "bridge of the nose" AFTER the replay showed he didn't hit him anywhere near the nose. Does he have eyes?

Dewwen

Feb 7, 2009
Valencia, Ca
Panger has been doing this for many, many years and still seems to get it wrong. I remember back when Pang did games on ESPN2 with Tom Mees (RIP) and he was pretty bad back then. He has a lot of opinions, they just always seem to be the wrong ones...

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
i'd just like to point out how either blind or stupid he is for saying green cross checked shaw or whoever that **** was in the "bridge of the nose" after the replay showed he didn't hit him anywhere near the nose. Does he have eyes?

holy jumpin' he just broke his nose!!!

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
holy jumpin' he just broke his nose!!!

I don't even get how you have a replay readily available to you that's shown multiple times from multiple angles and you still get it wrong. And his holy jumpin saying it very annoying.

Also, bring back the old avatar. Any of them. :sarcasm:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
So glad I don't have to listen to that annoying little Gremlin until next year. ****.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad