Darren Pang?

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Why is this tool on tv? Did you hear how he was praising Kompon? And always saying how they got a call wrong against the Kings. I really wanted to mute the feed.

Captain Mittens*

Why is this tool on tv? Did you hear how he was praising Kompon? And always saying how they got a call wrong against the Kings. I really wanted to mute the feed.

It's not Kompon, it's "Kompon feel the Noise!"

Jamie-Kompon_20120717151836468_185_150.JPG

Ron*

Took a break between second and third periods last night, walked down aisle no. 18 and he stepped out of a door right in front of me. Small dude. I was walking behind him for a distance there and everyone was saying "Panger" and he was responding cordially. Nice guy.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I like Panger.

Dude is about 4'9" and has his "facts" wrong more often than not but whatever. He was a pretty good goalie for the Hawks for a little bit way back when.

Of course his bias is showing. He is a huge Hawk homer.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I like Panger.

Dude is about 4'9" and has his "facts" wrong more often than not but whatever. He was a pretty good goalie for the Hawks for a little bit way back when.

Was going to post this exact thing. He's a Hawks homer because he spent his entire pro career in their org. and he works for the Blues so he's always going on about them as well. Nice guy but just a huge homer.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Was going to post this exact thing. He's a Hawks homer because he spent his entire pro career in their org. and he works for the Blues so he's always going on about them as well. Nice guy but just a huge homer.

Panger always bashes Hawks ,, Ever heard him call a Blues/Hawks game?

Not sure what you guys are hearing but Panger has been nothing more then a King homer/Hawks hater this series

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Panger always bashes Hawks ,, Ever heard him call a Blues/Hawks game?

Not sure what you guys are hearing but Panger has been nothing more then a King homer/Hawks hater this series

No I just typically ignore him.

Maybe he is doing something right if we both think he is being a homer for the other team?

You can't bash Panger, your a Hawks fan and he was pretty big for you guys for a while. Just have to take him with a grain of salt.

A little grain of salt but a grain anyways.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Pang was a mediocre goalie for Hawks

He was so bad in 89 they were forced to put Waite and Belfour in net (Both rookies ,, Waite 19 yrs old and Belfour 23)

They then had to go acquire Alain Chevrier to save season (And he led Hawks on surprise run to Campbell Conf finals)

Panger spent 2 underwhelming years on Hawks ,, Hardly what I would call "Pretty Big'

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Pang was a mediocre goalie for Hawks

He was so bad in 89 they were forced to put Waite and Belfour in net (Both rookies ,, Waite 19 yrs old and Belfour 23)

They then had to go acquire Alain Chevrier to save season (And he led Hawks on surprise run to Campbell Conf finals)

Panger spent 2 underwhelming years on Hawks ,, Hardly what I would call "Pretty Big'

I was making a size joke.

Chevrier, wow that name brings back memories. So in a way you can thank Panger for Eddie getting his start so early. You still owe him tribute.

BOW BEFORE PANGER HAWK FAN!

Or not, whatever.

agentfouser

Playoffs?!?!
Nov 30, 2003
Los Angeles
Didn't he at one point say something like "Kompon is a brilliant tactician on the power play!" And then on the ensuring power play, Chicago tried the exact same play several times, from each side of the net, and was stopped each time. One of the other commentators even mentioned it, saying something like "They keep trying that same play, but it's not working."

I rolled my eyes at the first one, and laughed out loud at the second.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Didn't he at one point say something like "Kompon is a brilliant tactician on the power play!" And then on the ensuring power play, Chicago tried the exact same play several times, from each side of the net, and was stopped each time. One of the other commentators even mentioned it, saying something like "They keep trying that same play, but it's not working."

I rolled my eyes at the first one, and laughed out loud at the second.

YES!

Trademark Panger.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
he highlights everything that could be considered penalty worthy against the Kings and makes every excuse as to why the Hawks should not get penalties. Sad because he's good at what he does.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
He doesn't provide much insight and I just find that he talks too much. It really gets annoying after a while.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I actually like his enthusiasm and quirkyness even though he gets facts wrong from time to time. Engblom is full blown Pejorative Slur and Pierre Maguire loves to talk about **** nobody cares about and give verbal HJ's to his pet players. I'll take Panger over that anyday.

I busted up and spit my drink all over my self!!!

THANKS!
:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad