Signing(s): Darren O'Day returns to Baltimore on 4 year/31 M deal

Bad News Bears

All goalies be trash
May 22, 2009
Australia
Niiiiiiiice. It's always tough to give relievers big contracts, but O'Day is brilliant. Happy to have him back. 8m a year, if he's about 4 WAR for the life of the deal, that's about value these days.

Now to try and sort out the rotation, the infield, the outfield, the catchers.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

sometimes i dont get the beat writers. its in infancy stages? what does that even mean?

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Sounds like from Heyman, it's just that the O's physicals aren't a sure thing. So likely a verbal agreement in place.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Sounds like from Heyman, it's just that the O's physicals aren't a sure thing. So likely a verbal agreement in place.

im sure he ends up with orioles but o'day said there was no agreement. as much as heyman is usually right, no reason to believe him right now

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

They backed out of a deal with Balfour two years ago because of an "issue with his physical" so it wouldn't be a first.

Plus who knows, maybe the Nats relented and added another year, like an option one.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
i just dont understand that if he has an agreement (like heyman says) and the physical is the only thing in the way, why does he tweet that? usually physicals are pretty automatic no?

edit: as mlb radio pointed out, if he is resigning then why is the physical a big deal? dont they know what his medical records are and everything?

Last edited:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
i just dont understand that if he has an agreement (like heyman says) and the physical is the only thing in the way, why does he tweet that? usually physicals are pretty automatic no?

edit: as mlb radio pointed out, if he is resigning then why is the physical a big deal? dont they know what his medical records are and everything?

Orioles have a (bad) history with them.

They failed Markakis a few years back, but the Braves said he was fine when they did their physical after signing him.

Something could have happened between September and today, so they are just doing their due diligence.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Orioles have a (bad) history with them.

They failed Markakis a few years back, but the Braves said he was fine when they did their physical after signing him.

Something could have happened between September and today, so they are just doing their due diligence.

yea but why the tweet? that doesnt make sense. if he had an agreement then why is he worried about a physical? why come out and say no deal then?

i dont think o'day is saying no agreement cause he is worried that he might not pass a physical right?

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Peter Angelos is beside himself right now while driving around in Jacksonville, trying to contact O'Day's family members so he can find his house.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
i mean basically the nationals offered him more money per year then baltimore and he supposedly chose baltimore for the 4th year even though he gets less money. maybe hoping nats panic?

darko

Feb 16, 2009
i mean basically the nationals offered him more money per year then baltimore and he supposedly chose baltimore for the 4th year even though he gets less money. maybe hoping nats panic?

Probably doesn't get less money. Less per year but a total figure is bigger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad