Confirmed with Link: Darren Helm Retires

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018
That goal to put the final nail in the Blues coffin in 22 makes him an Avs legend. Dude had a great playoffs for us. Enjoy retirement.
Easily one of the top 5 moments of the championship run. It was the goal that finally got the Avs past the 2nd round. The Avs were also reeling in that game too. I think we were down 2-0 or 2-1 at some point.

LTCPain75

Jul 12, 2022
1688597483891.png

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Yeah respect to Helm for giving it his all for the team when his body was breaking down. Was a very solid contributor to that Cup run, giving the Avs the best 4th line they've had in a very long time. Perhaps ever.

That was the perfect playoff line with Cogs and LOC, and Helm somewhat unexpectedly, slid into the center spot perfectly. Plus THE GOAL was a thing of beauty.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
That goal to put away the Blues is still my favourite one from the 22 playoffs. Darren Helm is forever an Avs legend for that and it took a Red Wing and 20 years to break the Statue of Liberty Curse

Best of luck in retirement Helmer!

Pure class and professionalism all the way through. He was a winner. That's also a legacy he's going to leave behind. He brought that culture and ingrained it, and it's stuck.

36 is quite young to retire, but he's had an extinguished career including Stanley Cups.

Enjoy your time with your family mate..you deserve it. Thank you for literally bleeding for our amazing club over the 100 odd games (including playoffs).

You'll always be an AV to me.
Yes, I believe it was this retirement announcement that extinguished his career

Last edited:

RampoSanta

Landy was not offside
Apr 1, 2021
Colorado
Easily one of the top 5 moments of the championship run. It was the goal that finally got the Avs past the 2nd round. The Avs were also reeling in that game too. I think we were down 2-0 or 2-1 at some point.
They were only reeling on the scoreboard IMO. Really outplayed them overall. Shots ended up 39-19....

Its fresh because I pulled that bad boy out to watch it again after seeing the announcement.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
That goal to put away the Blues is still my favourite one from the 22 playoffs. Darren Helm is forever an Avs legend for that and it took a Red Wing and 20 years to break the Statue of Liberty Curse

Best of luck in retirement Helmer!

Yes, I believe it was this retirement announcement that extinguished his career
You know what I meant haha

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
I honestly think that Helm’s goal was the one I cheered the most at all playoffs.

Sure there was amazing goals by MacK and Makar. Not to mention an OT winner by Bura. However Helm’s locked up us FINALLY getting out of the second round. Not to mention Helm’s way of saying “we’re not doing OT this time….” after game 5.

Happy retirement Darren.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
I honestly think that Helm’s goal was the one I cheered the most at all playoffs.

Sure there was amazing goals by MacK and Makar. Not to mention an OT winner by Bura. However Helm’s locked up us FINALLY getting out of the second round. Not to mention Helm’s way of saying “we’re not doing OT this time….” after game 5.

Happy retirement Darren.
Given the assortment of Avs players on ice & time remaining I was more stunned than jubilant when Helm scored the series clincher. :laugh:

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018
They were only reeling on the scoreboard IMO. Really outplayed them overall. Shots ended up 39-19....

Its fresh because I pulled that bad boy out to watch it again after seeing the announcement.
Fair enough. I just remember vividly watching that game with all my cheeks clenched just hoping for them to advance

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad