Confirmed with Link: Darren Helm Retires

Snow Arc

We have to shout above the din of our RiceCrispies
Aug 14, 2020
Thank you Darren! You were a beauty, eh? Good luck!
Helm.gif

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I was critical of the Darren Helm signing, and for the first few months was proven right.

However, once Bednar moved him from Left Wing to Center in February 2022, Helm was rejuvenated.

In the playoffs, centering Cogliano and O'Connor, Helm was a beast. He had a team high 97 hits, including 22(!) hits in the first two games of the Stanley Cup Finals. Not to mention the GWG in Game 6 against St. Louis, possibly the biggest goal of the post-season.

Good luck in retirement!

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
That Cogs - Helm - LoC line for our cup run was a sight to behold. The goal that sent us to the western conference finals and sent the Blues home crying, will forever be burned I to my memory. You may have started as a dirty redwing, but in the end you were a true burgundy and blue Av.

Enjoy retirement friend, you've more than earned it. Wonder if he has a coaching or scouting career in his future?

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Total warrior and grade A classy guy. Loved by teammates and coaches. A genuine excitement to arrive at the rink every day, this guy loves hockey.

What a beating that body has taken over 16 seasons. Helm played tough minutes, no shifts off.

I guarantee he’s involved in hockey in some fashion very soon, after the body heals up and batteries are recharged with family time.

Great career, Helmsy. Enjoy life with your beautiful family.

1688581263861.jpeg

1688581284112.jpeg

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Pure class and professionalism all the way through. He was a winner. That's also a legacy he's going to leave behind. He brought that culture and ingrained it, and it's stuck.

36 is quite young to retire, but he's had an extinguished career including Stanley Cups.

Enjoy your time with your family mate..you deserve it. Thank you for literally bleeding for our amazing club over the 100 odd games (including playoffs).

You'll always be an AV to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad