Darren Dietz

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I've posted my thoughts about him on the MtL board a few times already since Blades camp opened, so I'll leave this be and see what others have to say.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
He started the year great and has been solid overall. Definitely has improved his skating and speed this year. Still very strong and willing to play physical. Not fighting as much this year, seemingly because he doesn't have to prove himself like he did last year as a rookie. A guy that has good value where the Habs picked him.

Analyzer*

He started the year great and has been solid overall. Definitely has improved his skating and speed this year. Still very strong and willing to play physical. Not fighting as much this year, seemingly because he doesn't have to prove himself like he did last year as a rookie. A guy that has good value where the Habs picked him.

Doesn't he suck at fighting ?

R S

Sep 18, 2006
So how was his season?

Had a strong year. Had some ups and downs. Most of the downs came when the Blades lost Siemens and Thrower on the blueline to injury, forcing Dietz to play upwards of 30 minutes a night. With those extra minutes he had some nights with some defensive lapses. But when playing his normal 18-21 minutes, he was great.

Really improved his offensive play this year, with the big highlight for the year being a game where he scored 4 goals which tied a WHL record for goals in a game by a defenseman.

He'll be a big key for the team going forward into a Memorial Cup season next year. I think the kid has a legit shot at being a good two way guy for the Habs sometime within the next 4-5 years.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Had a strong year. Had some ups and downs. Most of the downs came when the Blades lost Siemens and Thrower on the blueline to injury, forcing Dietz to play upwards of 30 minutes a night. With those extra minutes he had some nights with some defensive lapses. But when playing his normal 18-21 minutes, he was great.

Really improved his offensive play this year, with the big highlight for the year being a game where he scored 4 goals which tied a WHL record for goals in a game by a defenseman.

He'll be a big key for the team going forward into a Memorial Cup season next year. I think the kid has a legit shot at being a good two way guy for the Habs sometime within the next 4-5 years.

Thank you very much! Has he been paired with Thrower? In case the Habs draft him, that'd be interesting information.

Analyzer*

Thank you very much! Has he been paired with Thrower? In case the Habs draft him, that'd be interesting information.

Doubt the habs get him, but it was good to read Dietz doesn't suck at fighting.

R S

Sep 18, 2006

No. He spent most of the year, like 95% of it, playing with Connor Cox.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad