Prospect Info: Darren Dietz (Re-Called)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I don't put too much stock into what any of the young guys are doing now since teams are likely laughing when they see our roster, so I don't know if Dietz is an NHLer yet. In the AHL he wasn't that good considering it was his third season. He was ok, but more of a bottom pairing type on a bad team. In the NHL he's shown some good things but he's shown some terrible plays as well. Next camp will be interesting to see what happens, once we see how the roster shapes up going into camp.

A bit like Pateryn at the beginning of the year. I like Dietz's game, and you can tell he's picking up some confidence. His first few games it looked like he was handling a hot potato with no kitchen gloves....now he's making plays and is attacking the net. Definitely a first call up to an injury, should be first pairing D in the AHL.

Subban
Petry
Pateryn
Dietz
Lernout

There's your Righthanded D depth

Is Juulsen playing AHL next year?

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
A bit like Pateryn at the beginning of the year. I like Dietz's game, and you can tell he's picking up some confidence. His first few games it looked like he was handling a hot potato with no kitchen gloves....now he's making plays and is attacking the net. Definitely a first call up to an injury, should be first pairing D in the AHL.

Subban
Petry
Pateryn
Dietz
Lernout

Juulsen has one more year in the WHL, and has a good chance of making the World Juniors next year.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Subban
Petry
Pateryn
Dietz
Lernout

Lernout has been better then Dietz in the AHL, so I could see him being on a higher pairing. If Ellis is back and clears waivers he would be on the top pairing unless his game falls off badly.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
He could be a nice fit, better than Barberio

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I don't put too much stock into what any of the young guys are doing now since teams are likely laughing when they see our roster, so I don't know if Dietz is an NHLer yet. In the AHL he wasn't that good considering it was his third season. He was ok, but more of a bottom pairing type on a bad team. In the NHL he's shown some good things but he's shown some terrible plays as well. Next camp will be interesting to see what happens, once we see how the roster shapes up going into camp.

I am not impressed with him at all. He has been mostly terrible but people see a couple of points and suddenly he is a great prospect. Too slow and low hockey IQ...........minor leaguer imo.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I am not impressed with him at all. He has been mostly terrible but people see a couple of points and suddenly he is a great prospect. Too slow and low hockey IQ...........minor leaguer imo.

I expected more from him this year but he never really stepped up which is not a good sign when you are playing for a contract. He's looked better in the NHL of late but that's not saying much since he struggled so badly when called up. His lack of speed/skating have been a knock on him since the draft, he does well blocking shots though.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
I'm not saying Dietz will be a top 4, but he looks pretty confident last night.
He's got good size 6'2" 200lbs, I see his game transition to the NHL better than the other defenseman prospects in the system.

Another guy I like is Ryan Johnston, he reminds me of Brian Rafalski. Plays a smart game, not a big guy but very quick puck moving dman.

Beaulieu-Subban
Emelin-Petry
Markov-Pateryn
Dietz
Johnston

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I'm not saying Dietz will be a top 4, but he looks pretty confident last night.
He's got good size 6'2" 200lbs, I see his game transition to the NHL better than the other defenseman prospects in the system.

Another guy I like is Ryan Johnston, he reminds me of Brian Rafalski. Plays a smart game, not a big guy but very quick puck moving dman.

Beaulieu-Subban
Emelin-Petry
Markov-Pateryn
Dietz
Johnston

yeah so how did Johnston look?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad