Value of: Darnell Nurse

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Discount the entire Oiler’s team 25% because “McDavid”... GTFO!

Nah, just Nurse. Kills more plays than he contributes to, but gets some points because McDavid and Draisaitl do heavy lifting.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Three. RNH is a good 2C.

Nobody else on the team is especially worth keeping.
Woah, we don't even see this on hfoil board.. it's usually McD + 1 of the two. 3rd one is declared a leecher.

Baby steps indeed

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
LA doesn't have the movable assets to get him so the only 1 for 1 they can offer is Toffoli.

P.s. I'd hope LA can swing a deal for Nurse and Pool party if Edmonton looks to trade them ever

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
LA doesn't have the movable assets to get him so the only 1 for 1 they can offer is Toffoli.

P.s. I'd hope LA can swing a deal for Nurse and Pool party if Edmonton looks to trade them ever

I sincerely doubt Nurse gets traded in division, never mind for one year of a forward that had less points than he did and hasn’t been good for 250 games, never mind adding Puljujarvi for whatever other L’s you can pile into hat deal for us. Nurse in division requires overpayment, plain and simple. Toffoli isn’t even fair payment.

You’re right, you absolutely do not have the assets for Nurse. We need young/cheap scoring, and y’all don’t have any.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
They have 4-5 second pairing defensemen and need to upgrade some of them. Most of them are under contract whereas Nurse is a year away from being overpaid. Hasn't shown meaningful progression defensively so he's a prime "sell high" candidate, imo.

The Oilers would be better off moving Larsson but there's no value there.
Nurse is the last defenseman Edmonton should be trading.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Nurse is arguably Edmonton's best blue-liner. And he's not even in his prime yet. He's got a unique mix of elements to his game that's slowly coming together. To me, he's part of the big 4 that Oiler's should build around (McDavid, Draisaitl, Bouchard, Nurse). Edmonton has got some real good prospects in the pipeline (farm team winning 17 straight games is a sign of things to come). They should be shedding the 2nd and 3rd tier players/vets, to make room for those young, hungry and talented prospects within the next 1-2 seasons

Only deal that should be considered for Nurse, is if another young puck-moving top tier defenseman with NHL experience is coming back. And no team wants to get rid of that asset

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad