Player Discussion Darnell Nurse - Why all the hate?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
for sure this sucks. I guess that we can't expect him to be healthy his whole career but our team has shown that it can't really handle losing major players. Hopefully Fayne or whoever can step up and play like he did in the last stretch last year

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Davidson. As he was playing last year, is a significant upgrade on Nurse, especially with Nurses recent struggles.

Sucks that he is injured but if Davidson comes back soon this actually might improve our team for the short term anyways.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Davidson. As he was playing last year, is a significant upgrade on Nurse, especially with Nurses recent struggles.

Sucks that he is injured but if Davidson comes back soon this actually might improve our team for the short term anyways.

True, but Nurse is also an upgrade on Benning so it would have been nice to have both Nurse and Davidson over Davidson and Benning. At the end of the day though it could have been a lot worse if it was to one of our top 4D or one of our top 6 players.

TheGuyInTheChair

Sep 21, 2014
for sure this sucks. I guess that we can't expect him to be healthy his whole career but our team has shown that it can't really handle losing major players. Hopefully Fayne or whoever can step up and play like he did in the last stretch last year

While playing well, I wouldn't consider Nurse a major player, unless you also consider the other 5 D and top 9 forwards major players.

SarahCrash

Dec 17, 2005
St. Albert, AB
He's as tough as ____! He finished that game with an injury that will keep him away for 2.5 months... I can't believe there is any hate for this guy from any Oilers fan.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB

Davidson at the start of the year wasn't very good....not the same player from last year.
If Davidson returns and looks like he did to start the year, then we're in serious trouble.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Davidson at the start of the year wasn't very good....not the same player from last year.
If Davidson returns and looks like he did to start the year, then we're in serious trouble.

He's played less than 1 game all season IIRC. Not something I'd judge him by.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Stupid to play and potentially injure yourself further imho.

He likely didn't realize he was that injured because he is tough and has a good pain tolerance not to mention adrenaline. I don't see anything stupid about it, it just shows how tough he is and how much of a competitor he is.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

lmao. 1 period. 5 shifts. Recovering from a 6 month injury

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Maybe Oilers GM shouldve picked up a Dman via trade or waivers before announcing this. Back to sq 1 when it comes to having ****** D core

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Nurse will be back with massive shoulders, biceps, and forearms.

Expect wrist shots that knock people over

North

Jun 25, 2009
Maybe Oilers GM shouldve picked up a Dman via trade or waivers before announcing this. Back to sq 1 when it comes to having ****** D core

While Nurse was playing well, the Oilers appear to have some depth now so should be able to weather the storm as long as Davidson is back soon.

Pressure

Real Talk
Aug 11, 2005
Edmonton
Simpson has played pretty good imho. Made some solid plays and mostly quiet back there. I don't mind him at all especially for a guy a few games into his career.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

Uh what? Davidson is back next game and is as good or even better than Nurse. Benning continues to hold his own. Simpson has been fine

And our entire top 4 is healthy.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Simpson has played pretty good imho. Made some solid plays and mostly quiet back there. I don't mind him at all especially for a guy a few games into his career.

He has played better than Benning so far in the games they have been together.

He has been quiet in a good way but in general I am not a fan of these guys that don't do anything well but nothing really badly either. Don't see them as anything but 6/7th depth defensemen. Of course Davidson used to fall into this category as well and became good at everything. Hope to see him return to his form from last year.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Please send Darnell Nurse to the Bruins where he would be appreciated. Guys like him are few and far between in this fairy tail no hitting or touching league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad