Darnell Nurse vs Quinn Hughes

who you want on your team (no cap), Q Hughes or Nurse

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Yeah because I've seen the results. All with the power of hindsight. Which is how every NHL draft has been rated and will be rated ever.

It's an NHL team's job to get it right. The Red Wings got it wrong. You seem upset about it. It's OK happens to everyone. No such thing as a perfect draft record.

What are NHL teams doing without your 20/20 hindsight vision? Honestly, how have you not been hired? I'm sure you no doubt would've picked Pastrnak Top 3 and Datsyuk 1st overall. Instead these NHL teams are wasting their money paying idiots on their scouting staffs. :laugh:

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
What are NHL teams doing without your 20/20 hindsight vision? Honestly, how have you not been hired? I'm sure you no doubt would've picked Pastrnak Top 3 and Datsyuk 1st overall. Instead these NHL teams are wasting their money paying idiots on their scouting staffs. :laugh:

That is a lot of words to put in someone's mouth for one post.

Scouts get it wrong sometimes. They have before and will again in every professional sport known to man. The scouts got it wrong when they let Hughes slip to 7th.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
That is a lot of words to put in someone's mouth for one post.

Scouts get it wrong sometimes. They have before and will again in every professional sport known to man. The scouts got it wrong when they let Hughes slip to 7th.

Or the scouts had it right and Quinn bloomed after drafting. Novel idea, there.

Regardless, criticizing a team for picking the consensus higher ranked player is hilarious. Especially considering that player is pretty f***ing good.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Or the scouts had it right and Quinn bloomed after drafting. Novel idea, there.

Yeaaah. That's what drafting is.

Regardless, criticizing a team for picking the consensus higher ranked player is hilarious. Especially considering that player is pretty f***ing good.

[MOD]

So what you're saying is is that they should be immune to criticism because Bob Mckenzie said so on a draft ranking.

Last edited by a moderator:

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Yeaaah. That's what drafting is.

No, that's what development is. The fact that you can't tell the difference says a lot about why we're still having this discussion.

So what you're saying is is that they should be immune to criticism because Bob Mckenzie said so on a draft ranking.

Bob McKenzie... And four other rankings listed.

But hey, keep minimizing in a last ditch effort to give your dying argument breath.

And no, you don't criticize a team for picking the consensus BPA. You wanna criticize AZ for picking Hayton at five over Hughes or Zadina when he was ranked by the consensus outside the top 10? Go ahead. There's a stark difference there. The fact that you can't see it is somewhat disturbing.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
No, that's what development is. The fact that you can't tell the difference says a lot about why we're still having this discussion.

Teams don't draft players for who they are on draft day. They draft them for what they'll be in the future. This is the future for 2018. This is it, it's happening now.

Bob McKenzie... And four other rankings listed.

But hey, keep minimizing in a last ditch effort to give your dying argument breath.

And no, you don't criticize a team for picking the consensus BPA. You wanna criticize AZ for picking Hayton at five over Hughes or Zadina when he was ranked by the consensus outside the top 10? Go ahead. There's a stark difference there. The fact that you can't see it is somewhat disturbing.

Minimizing what exactly? Ya you f***ing do. Edmonton was heavily criticized for the Yakupov pick. Dubois was a better pick at #3 than Puljujarvi despite Jesse being ranked higher. You're really sticking to that organizations should never face criticism for their drafting? What would sports radio even talk about.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Teams don't draft players for who they are on draft day. They draft them for what they'll be in the future. This is the future for 2018. This is it, it's happening now.

Minimizing what exactly? Ya you f***ing do. Edmonton was heavily criticized for the Yakupov pick. Dubois was a better pick at #3 than Puljujarvi despite Jesse being ranked higher. You're really sticking to that organizations should never face criticism for their drafting? What would sports radio even talk about.

Edmonton isn't criticized for the Yakupov pick, they're criticized for their shitty job of developing him. :laugh:

We're done dude. You clearly don't understand the difference between drafting and development. (I guess the fact that the two examples you mentioned were both developed in the same organization didn't ring any doorbells?) Waste someone else's time with that bullshit.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Edmonton isn't criticized for the Yakupov pick, they're criticized for their shitty job of developing him. :laugh:

We're done dude. You clearly don't understand the difference between drafting and development. (I guess the fact that the two examples you mentioned were both developed in the same organization didn't ring any doorbells?) Waste someone else's time with that bullshit.

So just so we're clear. You think if Byfield happens to end his career with 1500+ points and a couple Cups and Lafreniere ends his with 46GP and 11 career NHL points it is logical to still say the Rangers made the right pick? Because after all that's what the rankings said didn't they. That the Rangers must have done just a shit job developing him.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
So just so we're clear. You think if Byfield happens to end his career with 1500+ points and a couple Cups and Lafreniere ends his with 46GP and 11 career NHL points it is logical to still say the Rangers made the right pick? Because after all that's what the rankings said didn't they. That the Rangers must have done just a shit job developing him.

Uhh, yes. But it'd take you understanding the difference between drafting and development to grasp this concept, and you clearly don't.

But thanks for confirming my suspicion that in your infallible hindsight, you legitimately think Tampa is stupid for not taking Datsyuk 1st overall over Lecavalier.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
bait for what?

There's legit posters saying Nurse is a 40 point Dman with offence , snarl and kills penalties and that he is a top Dman.

I disagree but open to hearing /seeing if other posters feel that Nurse as elite as someone like Hughes.

I'm open to admitting that im alone or in the minority on my reflection on Nurse as a player if that is in fact the result of the poll

Going by stats he is a 40 point Dman, and it's true that he kills penalties, and he does have snarl.

I guess I'm one of those "legit posters" lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad