Post-Game Talk: Darkness, imprisoning me. All that I see, absolute horror. Jets lose 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Ah the old if your big you have to hit. Sigh, such a dated idea.

I do agree he is wasted at forward. Maurice, do you want 5 good plays and 1 bad one or 0 good plays and 0 bad ones? Seems pretty simply to me where Buff should be playing.

Compounded by the fact our existing D make allot of mistakes so what's to lose?

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
"I could make you cry in that ...room." What in the .... does that even mean?

Edit: It's OK, Lawless explained it to me.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Reposted from ticket thread...

Who wants a great deal??

Person who was going to buy my tickets for tomorrows game got sick.

2 seats, face value of $300. ROW 5.
Any reasonable offer will be accepted(make an offer, I don't want the tickets wasted!) contingent upon being able to pick them up tomorrow at noon at the U of M.

Message me if interested!

(I am well aware these will be going for faaaar less than season ticket price. If you want to go the game message me)

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Which is the point. Almost none of the key duties for a captain is on the ice.

None of this has to do with play.

Jets look like a bad team talent wise. Says nothing about Ladd's leadership.

The captain performs his duties off the ice. The results show up on the ice. If not there is no reason to have a captain. Leadership affects results. Well lead teams don't lose heart if they give up 1 or 2 goals. Do you honestly believe the Jets have looked like a well lead team so far this year? Talent wise? Do you really believe the Flames have a more talented roster than the Jets do? Of the 18 skaters Calgary dressed last night how many would you trade straight up for their Jets counterpart?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Exactly, Ladd is not an elite player that can carry a team on his back. The other players are responsible for their own play and no amount of leadership will turn scrubs into all-stars, that is the gm's job (at least upgrades to better players at the very least to which hasn't been done with this team)

Ladd as well as the whole team need to player better.

I'll ask you the same question I asked HC. If leadership does not affect the results why do hockey teams have captains?

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Best post in the thread. My buddy tried to say to me look what Detroit did with Zetterburg and Datsyuk. The Jets could do that with later rounds. I explained to him, Chevy is no Bowman or Holland.

If Detroit knew how good Zetterburg and Datsyuk would be then they would've drafted them earlier.

Detroit got lucky both times. Literally any GM could have done what Detroit did.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
he just said trade someone for the sake of trading someone, dont worry about what you get back, just unload the ship :facepalm:

I'm even more mean. If I was the billionaire owner of this team I'd send a few players to the rock for a few games. And I'm not talkin' 'bout Pardy.

With regards to crying. Mo means he took care of things in the dressing room himself. But the details will never leave the room. Mo is not going down with the ship.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
What did Lawless say? Because I don't understand it myself.

Lawless said this team is like a horror movie and Noel was the first victim. Lawless then said Mo is not going to be the next victim. Somebody on the team will be gone before Mo.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Where is he going to go? It's not like teams are going to line up for Mo.

His record is pretty close to the Jets actually. A tick over .500, really about .475 when adjusted for points for OT losses.

"Where is he going to go?" Nowhere, but he's not taking the blame for the Jets poor showing.

At some point you should just check your bank account and say adios.
If a player has too much to handle because of his home life or whatever he should just retire.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
I'm even more mean. If I was the billionaire owner of this team I'd send a few players to the rock for a few games. And I'm not talkin' 'bout Pardy.

With regards to crying. Mo means he took care of things in the dressing room himself. But the details will never leave the room. Mo is not going down with the ship.

This makes it sound like you're suggesting someone who's actually good to the Rock.

Good players don't clear waivers.

ihadtochangethename

Sep 1, 2012
USA
You have to wonder the way the season started with Wheeler being chosen as the shotgun winger for our phenom Scheif, on what was quickly deemed our top line and then calling out Kane publicly if there wasn't a little animosity started...
Wheeler also started the season on a tear, he and Scheif have been good every game that I saw (didn't see S.J.), and taking the onus to stand up to a goon like Reghyr, defending Scheif, took some stones, even if ill-advised, it was noticed by his teammates.

Ladd has been a pretty quiet leader in his time here. Play has been mostly good, some dry spells. But I wonder if he is looking for a change. His family is young, perhaps they would like to raise them elsewhere than Winnipeg.

I think the leadership of this team is going to get younger, as the team gets younger, I see Wheeler maybe positioning himself to be the next captain. Scheif and Trouba may also have leadership roles to assume as the Chevy generation starts to fill the roster.

On the same token, you cant go around pissing off teammates, and making enemies of them either. A captain needs the support of EVERYONE in the room. I think Kanes response tweet meant exactly that, you could have easily shot me a text and avoided the whole media blitz. IMO this is where Ladd's "quiet" leadership if that's what you want to call it, is appreciated.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
You're right, it is nonsense. I wasn't thinking. But if I had a 30 million dollar contract I would work hard but not too hard that I got injured and couldn't sign my NEXT 30 million dollar contract.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Can veterans be sent to the rock for a conditioning stint?

Holden would know for sure, but I believe they would have to agree to it, and I think that if there is no purpose (ie an injury) there are rules regarding who can get sent down for conditioning and for how long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad