Movies: Dark Waters

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
f*** me, went and saw it yesterday and it was tough to watch/believe that this happened. f***ing Dupont, I just can't believe what they did and how little it's cost them, people should be in jail for that. What a horrible way to treat people especially your own employees. Mark Ruffalo was great, I'm sure he'll win some awards for it. I thought Tim Robbins was good as well.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Tim Robbins is excellent in this. The doc I had already watched is on Netflix, The Devil we Know and the title is pulled right from Dupont's own internal documents. 90% on Rotten Tomatoes - this movie should be getting more love.

Several of the real people impacted were in this movie.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Tim Robbins is excellent in this. The doc I had already watched is on Netflix, The Devil we Know and the title is pulled right from Dupont's own internal documents. 90% on Rotten Tomatoes - this movie should be getting more love.

Several of the real people impacted were in this movie.

I have that in my que to watch on Netflix.

Agreed that this movie should be getting more love, I feel everyone should see it, can't let this happen ever again but if you don't put the people in jail responsible then what's to stop them.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I have that in my que to watch on Netflix.

Agreed that this movie should be getting more love, I feel everyone should see it, can't let this happen ever again but if you don't put the people in jail responsible then what's to stop them.

I think they said 99% of people have this chemical in their bodies and it's impossible to breakdown, it's downright criminal what they did. When 3M realized it and stopped manufacturing C9, Dupont stepped right in. They would not stop due to the money they were making. They should be out of business. I also believe the process they are using now in to replace Teflon is no better. They used their own employees as guinea pigs and the public as well. Insane.

The other thing that is highlighted is the EPA does absolutely nothing proactive to prevent this type of abuse. .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad