Online Series: Daredevil (Season 3)

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
With the way the Defenders ended for Matt/Daredevil the word is that season 3 of his solo series will be loosely based on the Born Again story line.

Speaking with THR, Charlie Cox seemed to confirm season three will be the show’s loose interpretation of the Born Again storyline, following where Matt ended up at the end of Defenders.

That’s such an amazing story. Everyone who loves Daredevil loves Born Again. You can’t not. And if that’s the case, then the implications of that would be very exciting to me. That would be great. Having said that, I know we don’t tend to follow any story blueprints too closely, because if you do, then you become a foregone conclusion.

There may be elements from Born Again, but I’m sure there will be elements that are unfamiliar and surprising and different in order for the show to be compelling to fans who know the comics very well. If we start making Born Again page-for-page, then the people who have read it and loved it  the hardcore fans  they won’t have too much drama.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The Born Again story was published in Finland in the late 80's so I'm very familiar with it. I wonder if they'll include Kingpin knowing Daredevil's identity, Nuke and the Avengers showing up to "clean up".

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Guess it will depend on how loose of an interpretation. Would be cool if Captain America showed up but I doubt they will do it.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Guess it will depend on how loose of an interpretation. Would be cool if Captain America showed up but I doubt they will do it.

Depends really at which point in the timeline season 3 takes place, before or after Infinity War. Fury or Stark could show up, though budget tends to put limitations.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
This was what got me so excited about the ending of Defenders.

I dont read the comics but I did do a lot of reading on the born again storyline for Daredevil and to me it sounds like it would make for a fantastic season to watch. Plus with Nuke already existing in the Marvel Netflix universe it makes a lot of sense for them to include him along with the Kingpin in the series.

I'd also love to see Cap or Stark show up in it, and I think that'd be a fantastic way to show off the first MCU crossover with the Netflix stuff but I'm not sure if we'll see that happen.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
The problem with Kingpin, is that Vincent D'Onofrio has said multiple times on Twitter that there are no plans for him to reprise the role. At this time anyways.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
Things can change quickly.

Yeah for sure. But not if they already have a script for DD3. If he is not in it yet he won't be.

Personally I'd like to see Kingpin in a Spiderman film. Or give him a miniseries. I know everything is focused on the heroes right now, but villans need love too.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Yeah for sure. But not if they already have a script for DD3. If he is not in it yet he won't be.

Personally I'd like to see Kingpin in a Spiderman film. Or give him a miniseries. I know everything is focused on the heroes right now, but villans need love too.
He is indeed back!

Set pic of Daredevil season 3 of crowd with anti Wilson Fisk signs. Not sure if he is getting out or this is before his trials etc.

DSi1JvyUMAA55vv.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad