Value of: Darcy Kuemper 50% Retained Salary

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
It's not working with the Capitals. Goalie coach Scott Murray is not connecting with Kuemper to improve his game. It feels like an eerily similar situation to when Scott Murray wasn't connecting with Holtby. No, Kuemper has not fallen to Jack Campbell bad, but right now his confidence is down and the team doesn't play as well in front of him as they do with Charlie Lindgren, who has worked hard to take over the #1 job. Kuemper is age 33, but no way do I think he's done(we have seen before goalies look kind of dead and then come a live playing for another team). I could see a scenario during the offseason where a team like the Kings(or a few other teams) could be interested, as Kuemper put up his best numbers(but only for 20 games) for the Kings. The Kings do have somewhat a history of bringing goalies in who put up better numbers.

I'm thinking value wise of a 3rd round pick + player with salary dump of $2.625 million(or around that amount to kind of balance the salary cap hit exchange).

Would there be any takers for Kuemper at that price?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He’s looked like a roasted marshmallow this year.

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
Even though he just let in 7 goals against Edmonton I'd still rather have Kuemper than Campbell. Campbell+ for Kuemper (no retention)

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Simpler solution - Fire Scott Murray already. Dude sucks
I have been strumming that tune for 6 years now and the Caps haven't done it, while they have a better goalie coach(Finnish) developing Caps future #1 Clay Stevenson in Hershey. I might add Stevenson is the best goalie in the AHL this season and this is rookie season in the AHL.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Gorgiev is overworked. He's 5 years younger, as he had a very good season last year. For the Avs, they just really need to have a reliable backup goalie to take some of the load off Gorgiev.
He's just not good. Avs fans watched him all season and he's simply not a NHL starter. Rangers fans came to the same conclusion.

Reactions: AvStock and xAvsx89

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
I have been strumming that tune for 6 years now and the Caps haven't done it, while they have a better goalie coach(Finnish) developing Caps future #1 Clay Stevenson in Hershey. I might add Stevenson is the best goalie in the AHL this season and this is rookie season in the AHL.

Let's hope for Caps sake that Murray doesn't ruin him when he makes the jump. Who is the goalie coach for hershey? Juha Lehtola?

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Gorgiev is overworked. He's 5 years younger, as he had a very good season last year. For the Avs, they just really need to have a reliable backup goalie to take some of the load off Gorgiev.
Yup. Avs fans like to dish on georgiev when our d hasnt been as good this year. Hes also overworked.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Let's hope for Caps sake that Murray doesn't ruin him when he makes the jump. Who is the goalie coach for hershey? Juha Lehtola?
Yes. He's done a phenomenal job with Stevenson/Shepard and when Mitchell Gibson was called up from the ECHL.

Yup. Avs fans like to dish on georgiev when our d hasnt been as good this year. Hes also overworked.
Gorgiev played in 62 games last season. He has already played in 53 this season and there is something like 20 games left in the season.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Yes. He's done a phenomenal job with Stevenson/Shepard and when Mitchell Gibson was called up from the ECHL.

Gorgiev played in 62 games last season. He has already played in 53 this season and there is something like 20 games left in the season.

Nice. Maybe a promotion is in order? ;)

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Wings already hired Hershey's previous goalie coach to be theirs, hence why Hershey hired Juha Lehtola. I strongly feel if the Caps don't promote Lehtola, then he will be hired by another NHL team.

Haha, that I do know (wings fan)

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
didn't the caps do some low key tampering to get him in the first place? everyone seemed to know he was signing in washington and knew what his contract was going to be days before free agency even opened.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
didn't the caps do some low key tampering to get him in the first place? everyone seemed to know he was signing in washington and knew what his contract was going to be days before free agency even opened.
Isn't that a bit suspect? There is a small window to talk to an FA's agent before FA starts. Kuemper acknowledged that he wanted to sign with the Caps. He has the same agent as Caps d-man Nick Jensen and he was teammates with NAK in Colorado.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad