Darcy Keumper Sucks

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Yeah, Darcy Keumper is horrible.

Lucky the Yotes got Darcy Kuemper. He'll be fine.

Just need some rebound-control. Perhaps positioning. Something to work with this summer. At least, he is big.

BOGO

Oct 20, 2017
The defense has been atrocious in a number of his goals against. You would still like your goalie to steal a save or two on those, but there have not been a lot of Domingue level of softies. Just a bunch of passengers standing around while the opposition gets in scoring lanes all alone.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
He just wasn't lucky. I think he was screened out. Been to mean to him. It was a weird game in all respects anyway.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
His rebound control isn't great, and he ends up on his back way too often. Not terrible, but I've been a little disappointed.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
At least he knows where the puck is at all times. Domingue has given up goals where you can see he has no idea where the puck is even at. Don’t even get me started on the play where he took his mask off and was scored on afterwards.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yeah, Darcy Keumper is horrible.

Lucky the Yotes got Darcy Kuemper. He'll be fine.

Just need some rebound-control. Perhaps positioning. Something to work with this summer. At least, he is big.
I think Kuemper has been terrible. Like you said he rebound control is non existent. When we traded for him I looked at his age, stats etc. and I thought with Raanta we could have the best tandem in years. Man oh man is Kuemper making me look stupid. I mean, he can't be this bad .....can he?

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
I think Kuemper has been terrible. Like you said he rebound control is non existent. When we traded for him I looked at his age, stats etc. and I thought with Raanta we could have the best tandem in years. Man oh man is Kuemper making me look stupid. I mean, he can't be this bad .....can he?
I agree that his rebound control is not up to par. But I’ve caught myself screaming at the defense more than Kuemper in the games he’s played in. Let’s take last night for example. On the first goal Carolina scored, Hjalmarsson completely ignored his man who slammed one home at the back post.

Second goal, Hjalmarsson goes sprawling onto the ice and completely takes himself out of the play, while Martinook chases Hjalmarssons man and leaves his wide open in the slot for an uncontested shot.

The third goal is where I lost it on the defense. They were running around not doing anything to help Kuemper for the entirety of the zone control by Carolina. There’s only so many high quality saves he can make before one finally goes in. And you could argue that he should’ve covered the puck when he had a chance and I would agree, but this doesn’t excuse the terrible defensive coverage. When the goal is finally scored 3 players (Domi, Rinaldo, and Connauton) chase Lindholm down below the goal line before he centers it to PDG who finally scores.

I agree that he needs to be better, but he’s not Domingue bad. I shudder thinking about how many times I yelled at the tv because of him.

Reactions: Lilhoody

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad